Any of you guys remotely close to Kansas City?

Last updated on 12 years ago
P
Proton Lenny
Posted 12 years ago
I'm looking to try a Status out. I've always loved the concept/design, but I've never been able to try one out. I was seeing if anybody owned one that lived relatively close to Kansas City. If so, could we meet up by chance? I'm really curious about the KingBass models. But I'd also love check out the Stealth's and S2's.

Thanks,

Zach
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
There are a few Statii in USA but it is suuuccchhh a big country. You might want to try putting out a call on the Talkbass Status thread. You might get some luck there.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/stat...te-375879/
P
Proton Lenny
Posted 12 years ago
I posted a thread on Talkbass as well.

If there is anybody on here that has owned or currently owns a Ritter, that would help as well. I currently play a Ritter 4 string. So a comparison of the two would help.

I'm quite intrigued by the graphite and headless factors of the Status. I'm sure that with the neck being so rigid, I can set up the neck as low as I like (which is pretty damn low), and I'm sure that the Graphite sounds great. I just want to know the character of the pickups with EQ set flat.
GremlinGremlin
Posted 12 years ago
Hey there. I have some Ritter basses and honestly, they sound very different from each other (for instance, my Classic is very clean and full of high frequencies, and my Okon sound like thunder)... Let me know what you have (woods), so I can see if it compares with any of mine to give you a better description.
But I must say that in my opinion, they sound very different, although you can find similar sounds messing with the EQ.

Greg
D
dreambass
Posted 12 years ago
There's a beauty for sale at The Lowend in Murfreesboro, TN. Used to be mine, mint, rare and sounds great. You might be able to buy it "on approval". Ken

http://www.thelowend.net/thelowend/us...asses.html
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
P
Proton Lenny
Posted 12 years ago
Damn, I was just through the Low End and didn't get to try it!

My Ritter is a Classic, with dual master bar pickups. Ebony board, mahogany body with flamed maple top. I pretty much leave my EQ completely flat. I'm not exactly looking for a replica of my Ritter's tone, although I do really like it. But I'd be curious to hear the differences.

Thanks for the replies so far.
Edited by Proton Lenny on 14-10-2011 07:16, 12 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator