Is there anyone from Israel on this forum?

Last updated on 13 years ago
R
rami
Posted 13 years ago
Is there anyone from Israel on this forum?
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Hey Rami

You may well be the first!! Certainly the first that I know of!

Do you have a Status?
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
I'm almost sure there is another member from Israel, I think he owns a Streamline.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
R
rami
Posted 13 years ago
Hi. I have an old four-stringed status and I want to buy a 5 string I'm still debating which model to buy. I play jazz
R
rami
Posted 13 years ago
Israel has no status Diller and unfortunately I can not feel the new status I am looking for someone from Israel
Has a new status
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

rami wrote:
Hi. I have an old four-stringed status and I want to buy a 5 string I'm still debating which model to buy. I play jazz

Why not post a pic of you Status. We all like photos of basses. We're greedy like that.

I play in jazz too. I use a fretless S2 Classic and an Electro2 for that. Our drummer has described the S2 as the most upright sounding electric he's heard. The piezo pickup in the Electro gives it that pseudo acoustic sound. Some people say it sounds like an double bass but I think they have never heard a double bass.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
BassBus is right.

We get all excited for pictures!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
R
rami
Posted 13 years ago

BassBus wrote:

rami wrote:

Why not post a pic of you Status. We all like photos of basses. We're greedy like that.

I play in jazz too. I use a fretless S2 Classic and an Electro2 for that. Our drummer has described the S2 as the most upright sounding electric he's heard. The piezo pickup in the Electro gives it that pseudo acoustic sound. Some people say it sounds like an double bass but I think they have never heard a double bass.
I tried to upload a picture but the site does not get it
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
This link will explain how best to post photos. Scroll down to "How to post pictures in a forum post".

http://www.statii.com/forum/faq.php?c...d=4#faq_11
R
rami
Posted 13 years ago
I read the instructions and did whatever was asked but still the picture is not increased. Maybe something does not work well on my computer
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

rami wrote:
Israel has no status Diller and unfortunately I can not feel the new status I am looking for someone from Israel
Has a new status

Finding a Status dealer is like looking for a unicorn pretty much anywhere as most of Rob's sales are custom orders direct.
The BEST thing to do is send an email to Rob and get some dialogue started, he is a brilliant guy and is more than capable of getting you into the bass that suits your needs. B)
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Z
zn_bassman
Posted 13 years ago
Hi Rami,

I live in Israel. I have a 2002 Buzzard-2 that I bought second-hand, and I hope to buy another used Status in the near future.

There's at least one more Israeli on this forum - a great player and nice guy named Eldad, who owns an S-2 Classic. I've played his bass before.

If you want to buy a new Status, consider buying directly from the factory or through a foreign dealer - Bass Central in the US is one that I can recommend, and there are surely others. If money is an issue, check very carefully into shipping, insurance, and import tax (meches) - these costs can add up to large amounts.

Behatzlaha,

Zvi
Member of Rockiah and Blackout.
- Status Graphite Buzzard-2 (2002)
- Status Graphite Eclipse (1997)
- MarkBass head, Ashdown cab
- Pedals by Source Audio, T-Rex, TC Electronic, Boss, and more
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Ah yes, Eldad. Completely forgotten about him!

Well, I can see a little Status meet happening over there!!

:)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
The bass in question. Anyone with any ideas??

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/RamiStatus.jpg
Edited by moo on 21-09-2011 02:01, 13 years ago
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Fraid that ain't no Status. It's a Washburn Series 1000. Headless with wooden centre block and neck thru. Control layout differs slightly from the S3000 and headless Energies. Most of all the truss rod cover at the end of the neck. Very nice basses though. I used to have one.
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
You're right, that's the Washburn S1000. I had one too, great bass for the money, I kept it 7 years and I had fun!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
R
rami
Posted 13 years ago
Thanks for the information. Now I know which model I play. She sounds great and I hope that s2 Classic 5 strings will be no less good than that
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

rami wrote:
Thanks for the information. Now I know which model I play. She sounds great and I hope that s2 Classic 5 strings will be no less good than that

Oh I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised when you get one of those in your hands!!!

;)
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

Maybe moo wrote:

rami wrote:

Oh I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised when you get one of those in your hands!!!

;)

Yeah! The S2 is a very different beast altogether. As you would expect of something costing five times as much.
R
rami
Posted 13 years ago
Can not wait
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator