Status Energy

Last updated on 13 years ago
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 13 years ago
Someone selling a Status energy on Basschat for £320
He says it's passive. I thought all Status basses where active unless it has been messed with. Am I right. It's got to be worth that sort of cash though. Answers on a postcard.:|
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
To be fair to the guy what he says is "This had quarter pounders and a standard passive circuit fitted when I bought it, so I've returned it to original spec."

It's actually the tone control that is active not the volume. What he describes sounds fine. Seems like a good price for what it is.
Posted 13 years ago

BassBus wrote:
To be fair to the guy what he says is "This had quarter pounders and a standard passive circuit fitted when I bought it, so I've returned it to original spec."

It's actually the tone control that is active not the volume. What he describes sounds fine. Seems like a good price for what it is.

Thinking of buying this. It's got to be worth the £320 asking price hasn't it???
If I purchase it i'm thinking of taking some very fine wire wool to the body and giving it a coat or two of wax. What do you think ?? Any tips.:|
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:
What do you think ?? Any tips.:|

Don't go to the race track on Wednesday.....
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
It might be worth buying even if you have to spend £100 on a new circuit. £320 seems a good price.
ospreyosprey
Posted 13 years ago

If I purchase it i'm thinking of taking some very fine wire wool to the body and giving it a coat or two of wax. What do you think ?? Any tips.:|

I can't judge the state of the finish on that Energy, or what you want to bring it up to. But the used Energy I bought had marks through the finish on the front from careless pick-use and startling buckle-rash on the back (startling because a previous owner hadn't noticed what his stupid belt-buckle was doing). I used wire-wool to knock down the worst of the knobbly bits on the back of the bass and polished everywhere from time to time with wax: the change in colour is visible if you look, but the bass looks good to me. And of course it plays much better than me.
Edited by osprey on 03-09-2011 06:07, 13 years ago
Posted 13 years ago
Ok I have bought this for £320. I Plan on smartening it up a bit and wondered if Rob at Status would supply me with a Status logo/transfer to place on the headstock and also one of the backs have come off the machine heads. I dont' mind buying four that match if one can't be replaced.
Should get it in the post in the next week or so.
I think £320 is a good price to pay for a graphite neck Energy don't you?:|
Fat RichFat Rich
Posted 13 years ago

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:
Ok I have bought this for £320. I Plan on smartening it up a bit and wondered if Rob at Status would supply me with a Status logo/transfer to place on the headstock and also one of the backs have come off the machine heads. I dont' mind buying four that match if one can't be replaced.

Not sure Rob will have any of the old style tuners but there's no harm in asking.

£320 is a great price for a graphite necked bass, congratulations!
D
diagnosis dave
Posted 13 years ago

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:

Thats a great price at £320 mate. I have an older style Status Energy and last year I took that and my Series 1 Matrix down to Rob so he could add the Status Logo to both of the headstocks. Its not as simple as placing the logo on the headstock - it will need a re-spray/lacquer and cost me £60 per bass. It think Rob had both the basses for 10-12 days, well worth it though ;)
Energy 1991
Energy 1995
Stealth 1 1996
Energy Special Edition 1998
Buzzard 2 1999
(all headed, all 4-string) Smile
Posted 13 years ago

Diagnosis Dave wrote:

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:

Thats a great price at £320 mate. I have an older style Status Energy and last year I took that and my Series 1 Matrix down to Rob so he could add the Status Logo to both of the headstocks. Its not as simple as placing the logo on the headstock - it will need a re-spray/lacquer and cost me £60 per bass. It think Rob had both the basses for 10-12 days, well worth it though ;)

I don't really want to pay £60 for a Status logo plus whatever the cost of getting the bass to Rob. My bargain bass will not be such a great deal if I have to start shelling out lots of cash on it. Just a Status sticker or transfer will do that I can apply myself. :)
Posted 13 years ago

Fat Rich wrote:

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:

Not sure Rob will have any of the old style tuners but there's no harm in asking.

£320 is a great price for a graphite necked bass, congratulations!

With only ever owning Status headless basses, what make of tuners does Rob use on the headed ones. They look like Gotoh's to me ???:|
D
diagnosis dave
Posted 13 years ago

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:

Diagnosis Dave wrote:

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:

I don't really want to pay £60 for a Status logo plus whatever the cost of getting the bass to Rob. My bargain bass will not be such a great deal if I have to start shelling out lots of cash on it. Just a Status sticker or transfer will do that I can apply myself. :)

Worth asking Rob/Dawn if that is possible - with me it was like adding the basses birthmarks to them both! :D
Energy 1991
Energy 1995
Stealth 1 1996
Energy Special Edition 1998
Buzzard 2 1999
(all headed, all 4-string) Smile
Posted 13 years ago

Diagnosis Dave wrote:

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:

Diagnosis Dave wrote:

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:

Worth asking Rob/Dawn if that is possible - with me it was like adding the basses birthmarks to them both! :D

Will wait till she arrives and drop Rob & Dawn an email.;)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator