which model is this please and what year

Last updated on 18 years ago
E
erniebass
Posted 18 years ago
I recently bought it second hand. Going from 4 to 5 is getting easier. This status is not in the best condition but it sounds great and feels fantastic. Which model and what year would people think it is. Bolt on neck

serial number is 3197

Thanks
You do not have access to view attachments
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I stand to be corrected but I think it is an Energy, possible an Energy Artist. Here's a link to the advert for them on the old Status site. See what you think.

www.status-graphite.com/oldsite/energy.htm

Not sure of the year but it looks like a failry early one. Have a look at the serial number database and you might get a clue from others registered on there.
Edited by status on 10-08-2006 00:50, 18 years ago
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Nice! Believe this is actually an early Eclipse Artist (see http://statii.com/status_cats/catalog...1994_3.jpg) if I am not mistaken :o

If you need any repairs you should contact Status next week when the factory reopens and I am sure they will be able to help you out.
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
I really don't know but the control knobs are more consistent with an Eclipse though it appears to be lacking the top boost switch. I don't think it's an Energy however. If the serial number database Status mentioned isn't helpful you may want to send the serial number along to Rob Green who may be able to tell you.

If it's an Eclipse I'm sure it's a fantastic bass. ;) But hey, it's a Status so you can't go wrong in any case.
E
erniebass
Posted 18 years ago
it sounds huge, beats the hell out of my old pbass and e ball stingray. There are not a lot of status bass guitars here in Australia so it was a rare find. Ill contact rob and try to get confirmation. Thanks
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
There aren't many Status basses where I live either. I played a gig last Friday evening at an outdoor lighthouse festival (gorgeous setting right on the water with perfect weather) I had several people come up wanting to see my Eclipse up close and asking all sorts of questions about it. None, including a few claiming to be bass players had heard of Status, which is really sad. :(

Status beats them all in my book. :D Enjoy your new bass and let us know what information you are able to get from Rob please.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator