Status Empathy 5 Stg

Last updated on 18 years ago
BassSteveBassSteve
Posted 18 years ago
Here is my recently aqquired baby... man, I love this bass! I don't know exactly what year it is, as the serial number sticker was missing when I got it...
Edited by BassSteve on 19-02-2006 17:51, 18 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Very nice!!
BassSteveBassSteve
Posted 18 years ago
Not unlike yours, my friend!! Tell me.. what is your core wood? Is it alder?
Edited by BassSteve on 20-02-2006 00:51, 18 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
To be honest I'm not sure if it is Alder or Maple. I'ts quite light in colour and contrasts nicely with the top and back. It is not so hard that it produces a really harsh tone.

I am open to suggestions from people more knowledgable that me in the woods department!
D
Doctor_Bass
Posted 18 years ago
The serial number for the headed bass will be found on the edge of the bridge nearest the controls - it should be stamped there! It probably dates from around 1992/93 looking at the body shape and control layout!

Status - your bass looks as though it has a maple core. Are you the chap who was selling a headless Empathy on Ebay a while back?

Cheers

N
68 basses, Status 2000 x 2!
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

Doctor_Bass wrote:

Status - your bass looks as though it has a maple core. Are you the chap who was selling a headless Empathy on Ebay a while back?

Thanks for that. I thought maple but wasn't certain.

Yes it was me selling a headless Empathy a while back. Couldn't work out why it didn't sell quicker, slow market I suppose. It was a lovely bass and the buyer was delighted with it. New rig requirements meant it had to go.:(

Chris.
BassSteveBassSteve
Posted 18 years ago
Thanks for the info Nick... you are correct. The S/N is 1989 stamped in a somewhat irregular manner, obviously by hand.. just what you'd expect!! Did they use many different core woods, or were the bulk of the Empathys mahagony?
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Beautiful bass Steve. Congrats!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator