Status on Radio 1...1987

Last updated on 13 years ago
L
Leetav
Posted 13 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLLQFoaKi2Q

Apologies to anyone who has already heard this; it's MK playing a Status on a radio interview ta-da!
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
evomanevoman
Posted 13 years ago
Wow - some really great sequences in there. I often get frustrated with MK because he can be all about speed and he often doesn't actually sound that great to listen to when he takes a chance to show off. But here he really shines with those riffs!
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Great, so next interview I do on the radio I'll bring my SII :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
P
paul clifton
Posted 13 years ago
Love that interview - still have it on cassette tape! That's the FPPR S2000.
Kingbass serial number 16 - rosewood and walnut
STATUS Hotwire strings 30-90 hex core
sgh42sgh42
Posted 13 years ago
Great link, never heard this but been a fan since '85 !
*Basses*
GB Rumour (2010) . . . . : . . . . :

*Amplification*
Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 Head
Vanderkley 212MNT Cab

I am the greatest bass player in my house apart from my fish.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Aha! Tuning your radio to stereo and Me Andy Peebles. Oh, I remember it all far too well. Good to hear that though.
sgh42sgh42
Posted 13 years ago
Mr P Collins - who's he ? :D
*Basses*
GB Rumour (2010) . . . . : . . . . :

*Amplification*
Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 Head
Vanderkley 212MNT Cab

I am the greatest bass player in my house apart from my fish.
L
Leetav
Posted 13 years ago
Lol that Phil Collins bit was well funny, also one of my all time fav tunes is 'I thought it was you/Herbie Hancock' and it made me smile to think that it was one of MK fav's.
P
paul clifton
Posted 13 years ago
How long after that interview were you born, Lee? ;)
L
Leetav
Posted 13 years ago
Lol i wish i was born after; i turned 4 in July '87.

My dad told me the other day that the first time he heard Level 42 was when he was fixing an old Ford Cortina and on the radio he heard '43' and swears it was John Peel playing it. His thoughts were 'Christ, is that a british band, who the fk is this!?'. He stopped working on mums car and went to whatever the nearest record shop was and bought 'Level 42'.
He said when Love Games came on he thought it was one of those 'most amazing music moments' where you just stop what your doing, close your eyes and think 'This is incredible'.

I'll never forget asking the dj at Guildford spectrum ice rink for a joke to play 'Micro Kid'...and it came on. Amazing feeling haha

Lol wtf am i talking about this for?! :)
P
paul clifton
Posted 13 years ago
Funk rambling dude lol
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
This whole interview used to be available on our very own Statii page, maybe Andre removed it? I remember sitting and waiting for this and pressing down the big red record button! I still have the cassette too! I guess I was 17?
andreandre
Admin
Posted 13 years ago
Nope Danny still here in the download section !

http://www.statii.com/forum/downloads...p?cat_id=1
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 13 years ago
Cracking sound from the S2000!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator