The usual question....

Last updated on 13 years ago
neilcatlettneilcatlett
Posted 13 years ago
I know it's been asked a hundred times before but can anyone please help me date my bass?

I've looked on the databass for similar but cannot get close with the right combination.
It's a Series II, five string, headless, serial no: 46. I'm guessing it's 80's but am unsure the order in which the different models were released and how a 5-string fits into that order....

Any pointers much appreciated.
Thanks
Neil

For a bit of history I purchased the bass in Worcester, England in the early 90's -it was supposedly part of a mass sell off by Shadows bassist Mark Griffiths but I've never been able to find any pics of him playing it.... (so Mark, if you're out there and can confirm, or better still send me a pic!)
Edited by neilcatlett on 10-01-2011 11:52, 13 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Would help if we could see pics of the bass.

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

moo wrote:

Liar, you only want to see the pictures and have no intention of help :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

enzo wrote:

moo wrote:

Liar, you only want to see the pictures and have no intention of help :D

How very dare you!!

Actually, I can easily date a Status Series II or 2000 by looking at it! The s/n are a bit confusing especially with the 5 strings!

:P
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
D
Don Prince
Posted 13 years ago
I had one, serial # 69... It was finished in 1989 on October the 20th, I remember because it's my dad's birthday.

All the best,

Don.
There is enough music for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.

Robert Fripp.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

Don Prince wrote:
I had one, serial # 69... It was finished in 1989 on October the 20th, I remember because it's my dad's birthday.

All the best,

Don.

There you go!!

Thanks Don :)

Obviously there were far fewer of them made so maybe yours is c 86/7? Pictures could confirm this!
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

moo wrote:

Don Prince wrote:

All the best,

Don.

There you go!!

Thanks Don :)

Obviously there were far fewer of them made so maybe yours is c 86/7? Pictures could confirm this!

Here's a pic of a few of Don's.....and my old RG :|

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_3515.jpg
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
T
travelingbassman
Posted 13 years ago
The darker series 11 is pure witchcraft,tell it to stop looking at me Don,i might not make it throught the night..............:o
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
D
Don Prince
Posted 13 years ago
That's the one that changed my life, simply the best...

So good hahahahahaha.

Don.

Robert Fripp.
T
travelingbassman
Posted 13 years ago
What SN is that Don ?,i have #384 with quilted maple top. :)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Don has some stunning Series II's... I've very envious!

:@

:D
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

moo wrote:

After being lucky enough to see him play bass, you would have to agree that nobody deserves these basses more than Don.....still one of the best bassists around.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
neilcatlettneilcatlett
Posted 13 years ago
Thanks for all the replies -best pic I can do at the moment is attached, will have a humt around at home see if I can come up with something better,
Cheers
Neil
You do not have access to view attachments
D
Don Prince
Posted 13 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
What SN is that Don ?,i have #384 with quilted maple top. :)

WOW !!!!!

That's amazing, mine is # 383. We are twins LOL.
These basses are so fun to play & listen, amazing all the way.

WOW again,

Don.

Robert Fripp.
D
Don Prince
Posted 13 years ago

TSA wrote:

moo wrote:

After being lucky enough to see him play bass, you would have to agree that nobody deserves these basses more than Don.....still one of the best bassists around.

Thanks guy's, I remember that evening very well Todd, we had a great deal of fun & it was great meeting you.

Be well & play hard,

Don.

Robert Fripp.
T
travelingbassman
Posted 13 years ago
Thats right Don i remember now,we are practically related eh :)
D
Don Prince
Posted 13 years ago
That's right, I remember as well, a while back we had determined this.

Robert Fripp.
neilcatlettneilcatlett
Posted 13 years ago
Thanks for all the comments guys, Here's a better pic to help with the dating process
Edited by neilcatlett on 13-01-2011 15:47, 13 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

neilcatlett wrote:
Thanks for all the comments guys, Here's a better pic to help with the dating process

I do love someone with a good sense of humour!!

Bigger please and full length ;)
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

moo wrote:

Bigger please and full length ;)

Watch your language or I'll tell your mom! :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator