Fender Jazz Bass 50th anniversary limited

Last updated on 14 years ago
VinceVince
Posted 14 years ago
I know it's not a Status, and yes it's headed, but o.m.g. what a fine piece of wood this is.
I purchased one of the 2 guitars that came to the Netherlands, at a very good price.
Absolutely love it, although it's very, very candy apple red, but hey as long as it sounds and plays this fine..
it has all the right options from Jazz Basses over the years (in my humble opinion)
And hopefully it takes the pain out of my back and neck from using the alembic MK sig. a few nights in a row.
picture and youtube link below for those who are interested.
the Bass will be sold in very limited numbers, and this year only (fender does not mention how many there are or were in production)
www.dv247.com/assets/news/dv247/50thanniversaryjazzbass.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjYQ7...xjYQ76jCv0
Life is short..... I'm not!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 14 years ago

Vince wrote:
I know it's not a Status, and yes it's headed, but o.m.g. what a fine piece of wood this is.
I purchased one of the 2 guitars that came to the Netherlands, at a very good price.
Absolutely love it, although it's very, very candy apple red, but hey as long as it sounds and plays this fine..
it has all the right options from Jazz Basses over the years (in my humble opinion)
And hopefully it takes the pain out of my back and neck from using the alembic MK sig. a few nights in a row.
the Bass will be sold in very limited numbers, and this year only (fender does not mention how many there are or were in production)

No bass player should be without a Fender Jazz in their armoury
I.M.O
andreandre
Admin
Posted 14 years ago
Congrats Vince ! She's a beauty !!!
S
Slapmonsta
Posted 14 years ago

Agreed-as long as it has a Status neck.....:D
VinceVince
Posted 14 years ago
It has graphite neck support rods, will that do ? ;)

Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:
I.M.O

You are right, I use one to support the back of my bass cabinet so that I can use it as a wedge monitor, and last week my wife used it to scare off a black bear that was getting a little too comfortable helping himself to the garbage on the porch.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

Todd wrote:

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:
I.M.O

You are right, I use one to support the back of my bass cabinet so that I can use it as a wedge monitor, and last week my wife used it to scare off a black bear that was getting a little too comfortable helping himself to the garbage on the porch.

I take it he was more of a 'Precison' bear than a 'Jazz' bear then:)
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Congrats on your new Jazz, Vince B)

I've had a few very nice Jazzes, but I just don't gig them, so they usually end up being sold on. I did take a look at these 50th models as soon as they came out, but I had a simple equation in my head...

£1500UKP = Status S2-Classic bolt-on 5-string. I know which I'd personally buy at any given time ;)

Vince, make sure that lovely new instrument is in a display case for the next thirty years. It'll be worth more than your house soon!

Rich.
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
VinceVince
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks Rich,

I was saving up for that exact status, only a neck through model.
This came up,.I had some credit left at that store, for they sold me a shitty 6-er a while ago.
they made it up by giving me a nice price reduction.
The status will surely come my way this year.
I'ts just nice to switch my alembo with the fender every now and then, and save my back and neck.
I missed the sale on your cocobolo SII a year ago, but something like that will surely come along soon.

cheers

VInce

Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Hope you enjoy the bass, really Vince.
I hope my "dick" comments didn't offend you, if so, please accept my apologies Sir.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
VinceVince
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Todd,

I think my english is too bad to see any "dick" comments in the reaction you wrote, but I fully understand a true status owner/player, having remarks on a fender Jazz bass.
the thing is I love Alembic, but it's friggin heavy, I really like the Jazz, because almost my entire cd and record collection from the 70's has the Jazz or the P bass in it.
And in time I will learn to appreciate the SII cocobolo, as soon as I get my hands on one.
Cheers, and keep scaring of them bears

Vince

Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago

Vince wrote:

They're only making 500 of them & all of the "50th" models have now shipped out of Corona. I bought one this week & it's lovely. I had to haggle for an hour with the store manager and get him to call his boss in order to get the price I wanted, though!

i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/OutToPlayJazz/002-6.jpg
i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/OutToPlayJazz/024-5.jpg
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Confused now, who actually got the jazz, Vince or Rich? Anyways, I think it's a great bass, there is something sooo playable about the Jazz, I had a lovely '76 and flogged it to buy a keyboard....mistake! If I had the money though a Status it would be...unless I could afford both!
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
As far as I know, we both have one each :)

My story is that I'd just sold a Road Worn Jazz (mistake - The RW was awesome!) & an American Vintage 62RI Precision and was out bass shopping, just about to pull the trigger on a 2010 Deluxe Series Precision. I happened to call a couple of places to get a price match & the guy on the end of the phone mentioned that they'd had a 50th Jazz in the previous day. I raced over there, played the bass, haggled for an hour and came home with this beauty.

Just need to save up and replace the Road Worn now! :@
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator