Caught between a Baracuda and a T Bass

Last updated on 14 years ago
Bass ClefBass Clef
Posted 14 years ago
I'm at the cross roads again with a very difficult choice (and I now realize that when one is going for something really special, decisions are hard to make). Would anyone please enlighten me with the pros and cons of the Baracuda (4 strings) and the Trace Elliot T Bass (standard, without the scratch plate, 5 strings)? With a budget I can only afford one. Both are in mint condition. Apart from the sound, would there be any preference in terms of collectibility? Thank you all and season's greetings from beautiful Bangkok!
Edited by Bass Clef on 10-12-2009 18:27, 14 years ago
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
I don't think musical instruments should be purchased on the strength of collectability, but then that is just my opinion. You might feel differently. Musical instruments should be played, that's what they are all about.

T basses seem to fetch more than Baracudas. I would play both of them if you can and make a decision based on which feels best to you. That's a very subjective thing and only you can make that choice.
Bass ClefBass Clef
Posted 14 years ago
Thank you very much, BassBus. I am in total agreement with you and appreciate your tip. 5 strings is intimidating as I am struggling with the 4 that I have but it's a constant challenge to improve. By tomorrow I should know which of the two feels most comfortable for me. Wish I had the dosh to keep both. :)
Edited by Bass Clef on 11-12-2009 00:56, 14 years ago
A
aehlert
Posted 14 years ago

Bass Clef wrote:
Trace Elliot T Bass (standard, without the scratch plate, 5 strings)?

*Ears perk up*

T-Bass? Where?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator