Status Stealth / Streamline

Last updated on 14 years ago
S
Schim02
Posted 14 years ago
What is the difference in sound? They are both full graphite....
What Status bass has the same sound like my old Series II 5 string headless(1989)???
S
Schim02
Posted 14 years ago
Where are the experts with the info????
Status Series II headless 5 string (1989)
Status Energy headless 5 string
Lucas Suringar EUB
AER Basscube II
Master active monitor
andreandre
Admin
Posted 14 years ago

Schim02 wrote:
Q: What Status bass has the same sound like my old Series II 5 string headless(1989)???

A: Probably one of my old Series II :D
Edited by andre on 22-11-2009 08:02, 14 years ago
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
You're quite right in that the 2-band all graphite basses will get you closest to your old bass' sound. The lovely thing about the Streamline and Stealth is that they have an extra dimension to the sound compared to the wooden bodied instruments. I think you'd be hard pressed to tell much of a difference between the two sound-wise, but the Stealth has the larger body mass, so I'd say it'd have a little more fundamental bottom end to it. Other than that, there's not a lot to choose between them apart from looks and weight.

The other thing to consider is an S2-Classic with a 2-band eq. That will get you closer still to your original sound!

Rich.
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
treebark55treebark55
Posted 14 years ago
I think if you do a lot of your playing sitting down, you might be more comfortable with the full-bodied Stealth.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator