Kingbass Artist and Standard for sale

Last updated on 15 years ago
H
Howard
Posted 15 years ago
Hi all

i've decided to get a Retroglide so..........

The Artist (maple/green front and side LEDs) and the Standard (Blue front LEDs) are up for sale

I'm not a big player and don't gig etc - so i think i can honestly say they havent seen any more that 10/15 hours play - tops
In short - they really are perfect, not even the smallest of marks

No idea of price yet, and not in a rush to sell - so PM with any queries

Cheers all

H. :)
You do not have access to view attachments
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Hows about some specs? String spacing? Bendwell? Age?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Howard, first of all welcome aboard.

I PMed you on the digest a while ago, although I didn't have price either, but you never answered.

I have a deal pending now, if anything goes wrong I'll contact you again, this time with a messenger pigeon, just to make sure...:D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
H
Howard
Posted 15 years ago
Hi

sorry Enzo - i don't remember seeing a PM from you

As for the specs - it's got a BendWell (so i 'think' that makes it a 32"?)
Green LEDs - front and side
16mm string spacing
Status "Hiscox" hardcase

The "standard" is a standard spec - no bendwell
Blue front LED's
Status "Hiscox" hardcase

.....can't think of anything else to say!
H
Howard
Posted 15 years ago
Decided against selling the standard as it's grown on me over past couple of weeks

But the Artist, well just no point in keeping it, so may as well..........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250472543518

currently up for 99p :)
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Clickable link. Good luck with sale Howard, that's a fabulous bass !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0472543518

Only, 99p is a bit overpriced, you know.....the economy....:)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
Edited by enzo on 27-07-2009 02:51, 15 years ago
H
Howard
Posted 15 years ago
Cheers!! :)
Silent FlySilent Fly
Posted 15 years ago
Quick question for you Howard.

In you opinion, what are the major differences sound-wise between the KB Standard and the Artist (I am sure you have been asked this question 1000 times).

sfx sound - High Performance Audio
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
Good luck with the sale Howard. That's a great looking bass.
Stand and Deliver!
S
Slapmonsta
Posted 15 years ago

Silent Fly wrote:
Quick question for you Howard.

In you opinion, what are the major differences sound-wise between the KB Standard and the Artist (I am sure you have been asked this question 1000 times).

If I may be so bold here...having previously owned both.:D..

I origianlly bought a standard when they first came out.I loved the sound-it was the biggest-sounding,loudest thing I'd ever played-but couldn't get used to the scale length v body shape....the 34" scale felt like you were "playing round corners" whenever I fretted F or B flat..it kind of forced my hand into "odd shapes" (oo err :D)and felt pretty uncomfortable on gigs after a while.I'm a pretty big unit.....:D
So having decided to move her on-I found a gorgeous-looking artist model on here,with 32" and bendwell...straight away,a better "feel" to it-no more stretching...but the sound.....something different-a lack of "oomph"...bottom end,I don't know what you'd call it...but "different."
I a/b'd some recordings and there was a definite "thinness" to the artist when compared to the standard,or evn my S1.This surprised me-especially when you consider that both the standard and artist have the same electronics etc...
I just came to the conclusion that all basses have subtle differences,even those with a "signature" sound-especially Status basses!
I think the bolt-on neck may have also played a part.

So far as "sound" is concerened- it's standard all the way for me.
Silent FlySilent Fly
Posted 15 years ago
Interesting comments Slapmonsta.

I own a bolt-on (S2 6 string) and I am very happy with it. Great sound, very responsive dynamic and more sustain than I will ever need. I used to have a KB Artist that I also liked.

I think different woods for the body play a part in determining the sound.

I noticed more midrange and a sharper attach in walnut KBs compared to the alder version. I suspect the wood makes more difference that the bolt-on vs through-neck.

sfx sound - High Performance Audio
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
The bolt on question.......

I tend to agree with Max.
When I had the opportunity to try several Kingbasses side by side I noticed the no 2 of them had the exact same sound, even if the basic construction was the same, as no 2 pieces of wood are the same.
Theoretically, an original KB and a MK11 have the same basic principles behind their design, but the MK11 sounds so much different, which brings me to the conclusion that the size and mass of the body are playing a significant role. As well, the thickness of the MK11 is wafer like despite to body diameter.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
A
alanbass1
Posted 15 years ago
Just seen this and would love the Artist. Would have been nice to have had the chance to purchase outside of e-bay. I will just keep an eye on the auction I guess
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago
I am sure Howard would love the chance to avoid Ebay fees and the auction has enough time for him to be able to cancel it - why not PM him?
Kingbass serial number 16 - rosewood and walnut
STATUS Hotwire strings 30-90 hex core
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I'm not sure he can cancel the auction after somebody is already bidding on it.
Ebay seems to have different rules depending on the country.
I'm also sure Howard would love to avoid Ebay's fees !
'13 Stealth
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago
He can cancel the bids and say the item is no longer for sale as long as there is more than 24 hours to go - it's hard luck on bidders and a bit bad form, but most ebay advertisers are also advertising elsewhere so it's pretty common.
Kingbass serial number 16 - rosewood and walnut
STATUS Hotwire strings 30-90 hex core
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I agree, that's not fair. If I'm bidding on something like this bass and then all of a sudden the auction gets removed I would be really mad !

The name evil bay is really earned !
'13 Stealth
H
Howard
Posted 15 years ago
Hi - sorry - been away

yes indeed - would love to avoid Ebay!!! - but hey - little choice - as the offers i got on the L42 site were approx £1000 - cheek!!!

:)

but would consider a PM about the standard with blue LED's

cheers all
H
Howard
Posted 15 years ago
Back ...and the Standard is goiing, going........ :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250501818618&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
O
owensy
Posted 15 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator