noise on S2, Anyone????

Last updated on 18 years ago
bibbib
Posted 18 years ago
i've tested an S2 5strings in a shop today, and there was a very loud "buzzzzzz" when you boost the high on the bass preamp, does anyone own this bass and tell me more about? is that because of the 18volts power? or maybe because of the bad grounding....

thanks

bib
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 18 years ago
I have had the same impression on my Kingbass 5 when I got it. Rob sent me a new 302 Board, but there was no change. The thing is that you do not really need to boost the high fully as the bass already produces enough high end zing even with the eq set flat. Make sure you have a fresh set of strings and you do not need to boost any highs on the on-board eq.
bibbib
Posted 18 years ago
ok, thanks for your answer stenobass, the wierd thing is that the strings were quite new... and the buzzzzz quite horrible... hope it was because of the amp....
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I have the board 301 pre-amp in the Empathy which I think is the same one fitted in later S2s. It certainly does not produce any buzz, whether as you have described or at all.

There are a variety of reasons you could hear a buzz and it could be because of the shop environment. All those flourescent lights and electrical items in one place can cause that effect.
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 18 years ago
I may have mixed up 'buzz' and 'hiss'. I certainly have a bit of hiss when the highs are boosted, but no buzz on my Kingbass at all. Sorry for the confusion....
bibbib
Posted 18 years ago
thank you all for answers, i was a little bit anxious because i own a G&L 2500 witch has very unpleasant noise (this is the "sound" of a G&L said to me a seller in pigalle... )

think i'm gonna crack for a S2....:)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator