For Sale 1985 Series II

Last updated on 15 years ago
D
Dave Pickering
Posted 15 years ago
Hi All

Due to unforeseen circumstances (ie I was told yesterday I am being made redundant) I am putting my recently aqquired Series II IV up for sale.

Bought the bass from Nick (Doctor Bass) in Dec 08 and love it - don't want to part with it really but needs must:|

Pics can be found in my 'New SII' thread in the "Show Off Your Statiis'' section

http://www.statii.com/forum/forum/vie...ad_id=2586

Amazaque facings, all brass hardware, GMT pick-ups/knobs, great condition, Serial No 204. Comes complete with full status flightcase so would prefer collection (located in North Devon)

PM any interest - looking for £975 for this great bass

Cheers
Dave
Edited by Dave Pickering on 08-04-2009 23:34, 15 years ago
J
Jd
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Sorry to hear that, i'm sure you'll find a buyer no problem.

J.
Status S2 Paramatrix.
Status S3.
Status S2.
GB Spitfire.
Fender Geddy Lee signature.
Amplification by TC Electronic.
Pants by M&S.
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Sorry to hear that, Dave. Best of luck with the sale!
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Sorry to hear these bad news, good luck with the sale!
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
It's so hard when you HAVE to sell !

Good luck mate !
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
MattheusMattheus
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Dave, I can imagine that selling such a stunning bass must really hurt.... I hope for you that the profits of the sale will help you with solving the problems.
Good luck on the sale!!
to bass, or not to bass.
Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 15 years ago
Added a clickable link for you, Dave. It's a lovely bass... really sorry to hear you have to part with it... but I imagine it'll sell very quickly.
Status Series II - #397
Jonas Hellborg Signature
King Bass Prototype #1
King Bass Prototype #2
King Bass MkII Prototype #002 (The Stuttgart Bass)
thumperthumper
Posted 15 years ago
Sad news Dave, good luck with everything.
...be kind to each other...
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
Dave,

Sorry to hear about your change in circumstances and the forced sale of your SII. It's a lovely example, which I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling.

Good luck for the future.

Best regards,

Dave R.
Stand and Deliver!
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I wish!!

Lovely!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
D
Dave Pickering
Posted 15 years ago
Thanks for the help,comments guys - a fair bit of interest etc and all PMs replied to

Cheers
Dave
L
lefsalefsa
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Dave,

Have you sold this bass yet? If not, I am interested. Please PM me.

Cheers,
Atle
I
intercept
Posted 15 years ago
Is this the SII that features here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elElYL...lElYLYG-yU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxQ0V...IxQ0V8mWWA

There is a Devon connection...

So much processing that it could be any bass. Sadly on the official video he uses a F***** though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAP5Sr...AP5Sr3R638

Nice to see someone other than Quo using fingerstyle on a Status ()
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
In the live clip you can see that it is an older one with the open poles...could be even a Strata!
I
intercept
Posted 15 years ago
Well spotted! Its not a Strata though - see attached pic. The tuner plate definitely says "Stat...", but certainly an early example because it doesn't have "THE"... and "BASS" engraved in small text.
You do not have access to view attachments
D
Dave Pickering
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Chaps

Quick update - have had a couple of close calls in the last couple of weeks which ultimately fell through so this bass is still currently available

I really need to shift it as I'm just not playing it and really need a new TV(!) so the 1st sensible offer received will secure this lovely vintage piece of Status history (comes with a full aluminium flightcase as well)

Any interest please PM me via the board

Cheers
Dave
D
Dave Pickering
Posted 15 years ago
Bass is now sold pending the usual

Thanks for all the interest

Cheers
Dave
C
Cris
Posted 15 years ago
... and now it's all mine... What a great bass, what a wealth of sounds. I had forgotten just how good the Series II is. This one's in near perfect condition and the pictures just don't do it justice. Thanks Dave; really appreciated.
D
Dave Pickering
Posted 15 years ago

Cris wrote:
... and now it's all mine... What a great bass, what a wealth of sounds. I had forgotten just how good the Series II is. This one's in near perfect condition and the pictures just don't do it justice. Thanks Dave; really appreciated.

Glad it's gone to such an appreciative new home! Enjoy the bass Cris

Cheers
Dave
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator