Last updated on 15 years ago

Poll: Next Status Development

Completely new design [9/20]45 %
    Re-issue [7/20]35 %
    Evolution of existing model [4/20]20 %
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Well, although things seem very busy over in Colchester, some advancements to some already great basses, I can't help but wonder what is next down the line.

After playing Moo's Series 11 for a little while now it interesting to really see how Sir Robs basses have evolved, but yet maintained the same unique character. Although I have an MK11 on order, I am already thinking of what would be my next choice......crazy!!

Just curious to see what the rest of you would like to see come from Status next?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Nice thread, Toddster B) I'd personally like to see an all-graphite S2000 reissue. I'd definitely buy one and I'm sure they'd sell in droves!

Rich.
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
R
Rogiarte
Posted 15 years ago
an S2 with a little smaller body , and 1 piece graphite
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago

OutToPlayJazz wrote:
Nice thread, Toddster B) I'd personally like to see an all-graphite S2000 reissue. I'd definitely buy one and I'm sure they'd sell in droves!

Rich.

+1
Stand and Deliver!
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
I would like to see a totally new model rather than a reissue of something old. after all they can do it better than most with the KB, KB2, Streamline.

When you think about it nearly every manufactuer hardly ever brings out a new model they just revamp what the've got, i suppose this is ok with them if they are selling. but for the customers like us it gets a bit boring.

So i say well done Status for getting your heads together every now and again and bringing out something new!
strattybassstrattybass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
me too dave!
Kingbass Black beauty
Kingbass Black beauty para
GB rumour
line 6 helix
TC Electronic Effects
tc rh450 head
tc 2x10 cab
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
Totally completely and utterly with OTPJ and d4dve,S2000 all graphite BUT a 5stringer 18mm st spacing with the original tail design, i dont know if an S2000 5 was ever built? if not then im asking for both,a reissue AND a original model.Rich is right,the words hot cakes and sold out spring to mind. oh,and headless of course! oooooh matren.ill take #1 and #2 please.Who do i make the cheque out to Rob or Dawn?.cheers .just to add if S2000 were to be reissued i myself would want a 5 and 4stringer,double cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Edited by travelingbassman on 26-03-2009 09:02, 15 years ago
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
Totally completely and utterly with OTPJ and d4dve,S2000 all graphite BUT a 5stringer 18mm st spacing with the original tail design, i dont know if an S2000 5 was ever built? if not then im asking for both,a reissue AND a original model.Rich is right,the words hot cakes and sold out spring to mind. oh,and headless of course! oooooh matren.ill take #1 and #2 please.Who do i make the cheque out to Rob or Dawn?.cheers .just to add if S2000 were to be reissued i myself would want a 5 and 4stringer,double cheers

Said like only TBM can. I'm almost out of breath! :D
Stand and Deliver!
senmensenmen
Posted 15 years ago
A new B1 please!!!!
thumperthumper
Posted 15 years ago
Have to go with an all new design. However, I agree with Senmen that a new B1 would be very interesting!:) You reading this Rob?!:D
...be kind to each other...
Edited by thumper on 26-03-2009 10:14, 15 years ago
Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 15 years ago
A 'Quantum'... naturally! :)
Status Series II - #397
Jonas Hellborg Signature
King Bass Prototype #1
King Bass Prototype #2
King Bass MkII Prototype #002 (The Stuttgart Bass)
S
Slapmonsta
Posted 15 years ago
Please "re-issue" this Blue-burst Series one,Rob.......to go with my green one.:o

Majorly underated..the "hidden secret" instrument in the Status range.....Fantastic to play,fantastic all-round tone,super looker-headed or headless.

i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/Slapmonsta/series1blu-1.jpg

My absolute favourite Status bass in my absolute favourite colour...this one belongs too a forum member,I believe.

Beautiful.
Edited by Slapmonsta on 26-03-2009 11:17, 15 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
could be purple...
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Button-Purple.svg/600px-Button-Purple.svg.png

KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
R
ricstave
Posted 15 years ago
Stirrin' the pot, eh, G-77?

B)

(I like that shade - would look good on my new Stealth 6'r....)
A Stealth 6 for a Streamline 5? Hmmmm.....

Here are some of my bands...
www.initiationmusic.com
www.myspace.com/thediscoduckband
www.myspace.com/ledzeptributecoda
Back To The Bars {on Facebook}
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

G-77 wrote:
could be purple...
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Button-Purple.svg/600px-Button-Purple.svg.png

Deeper than that Trev..... Nice and deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!

;)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
not a Deep Purple like this then...

[movie=youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XMEKF-f6gnA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XMEKF-f6gnA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/movie]

:D
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
D
Don Prince
Posted 15 years ago
Good one G-77, I had not listen to that in a very long time. Brings back great memories.

Here are my suggestions :

1. Re-issue of the Empathy.
2. A 7 string S2-Classic, headless with bend well.
3. S2-Classic headed 34" scale 7 string,
With added piezo bridge.
Full MIDI system with blend knob.

There you have it, my recomendations
Be well people & play hard,
Don.
There is enough music for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.

Robert Fripp.
JasscoJassco
Posted 15 years ago
Definitively transparent purple colour...it would look killer on a quilted maple S2 5 string...

...with purple side led

Wow
My basses:
- [ON ORDER]Status S2 neck-thru 5 string (Red or Amber or Green) figured maple
- Status S2 neck-thru 4 string Blue figured maple
- Status S2 Bolt-on 6 string Headless, Figured maple top
- Status S2 Bolt-on 6 string Headless & Fretless, Figured walnut top

My amp :
- MarkBass Ta503 Head
- MarkBass 104HR Cabinet
R
Rogiarte
Posted 15 years ago
ohh yes Don Prince i forgot that..why not an already Midi system instaled , like some the Wall basses !
JasscoJassco
Posted 15 years ago
or 19mm string spacing for 5 strings...
My basses:
- [ON ORDER]Status S2 neck-thru 5 string (Red or Amber or Green) figured maple
- Status S2 neck-thru 4 string Blue figured maple
- Status S2 Bolt-on 6 string Headless, Figured maple top
- Status S2 Bolt-on 6 string Headless & Fretless, Figured walnut top

My amp :
- MarkBass Ta503 Head
- MarkBass 104HR Cabinet
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot edit the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot vote on the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.