U.S. Meet-up 2009 (May?)

Last updated on 15 years ago
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Who would be interested in a U.S. meet? As far as when and where, I was thinking maybe we can make the meet coincide with a musical event somewhere, like NAMM, some other bass meet-up or a concert with a great bassist (Wooten, MM, Rush, Stanley Clarke, Christian Mcbride, John Patitucci, etc). Suggestions welcome!
I'm from Texas, and would be more than happy to travel anyplace in the U.S, and can generally get a few days off from work whenever needed.
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
Hi youngjr1,i have bass gear in NC i left there in sept 07,you never know but i might do a todd and nip over there to get it sorted,no reason why it couldnt coincide with a damn good jolly out,hope you dont mind if i bring my own pint glass !!!!those 16oz us pints aint really up to it if you know what i mean,apart from that the 1 thing i know for sure about our american cousins is they really know how to PARTY.,,,,,,,,,,How about VEGAS BABY?,,,,,,,,OR MY COUSINS BAR in BROOKLYN NY (the wicked monk) ? Any uk based members fancy a trip ? lets hear from ya ! cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I'm not able to tell you this soon though, but I think we can work something out.

When is the NAMM ? And is that always in California ?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
A long shot I know, but I'll be travelling to Vegas from the UK on 16 May for a couple of weeks. Also hoping to take in LA for a few days.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced, good quality hotel in LA (North or West Hollywood)?
Stand and Deliver!
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
When in LA i use the DaysInn on sunset strip,im sure there are cheaper places but for convenience ya cant beat it,2 mins from all the gtr stores along the road and 1 min walk to hollywood Boulevade,theres an internet cafe over the road and an In N Out burger joint next door,and thats the only burger Gordan Ramsey(chef) will eat, yumyum! cheers.....................d4dve,,.just thought i would add all rooms at the daysinn have excellent secure safes in each room for your valuebles,not all hotels over there are as secure,im not saying its nessacery,just that not all hotels give you that facility,thats all. cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Edited by travelingbassman on 10-03-2009 12:08, 15 years ago
treebark55treebark55
Posted 15 years ago
Summer NAMM is in Nashville, third weekend in July.
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
When in LA i use the DaysInn on sunset strip,im sure there are cheaper places but for convenience ya cant beat it,2 mins from all the gtr stores along the road and 1 min walk to hollywood Boulevade,theres an internet cafe over the road and an In N Out burger joint next door,and thats the only burger Gordan Ramsey(chef) will eat, yumyum! cheers.....................d4dve,,.just thought i would add all rooms at the daysinn have excellent secure safes in each room for your valuebles,not all hotels over there are as secure,im not saying its nessacery,just that not all hotels give you that facility,thats all. cheers

Thanks for the tip TBM. There's a few mixed reviews on the Trip Advisor website; however it's much better to get a personal recommendation. I'll check it out.

Best regards,

Dave R.
Stand and Deliver!
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago
OK gentlemen (and Ric),

So it looks like we've got four sites up for bid so far: Vegas, Chicago, Brooklyn and Nashville. Any others for consideration?

And the month tentatively set up for May? Any other input? Ric.....John.....anyone else?

I'm flexible, so anytime and place is ok with me. I just need as much notice as possibe as to not book any gigs for then.

On a side note, I have an ex-girlfriend in Vegas, an ex-wife in Nashville and a good bass buddy who also owns a bar in Brooklyn! :D No links to Chicago though. :|

And hey, you guys can quit bidding on the Electro now. You're jacking the price up for me! :@
To know me is to love me, and I do.
J
jphilauren
Posted 15 years ago
Nashville or Vegas sounds good, might as well pick a place to misbehave!
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Personally I just went to Vegas for my last vacation in November, and though I really love Vegas and wouldn't be opposed to going there again, I wouldn't mind a visit to Nashville. I've never done anything but spend a night at a hotel there as I was passing through. I'd love to see the city, music scene, and possibly catch some of NAMM. July would be a great time to get out of the Texas heat too.
D
DrDAV
Posted 15 years ago
I'll try to arrange whatever goes down to attend.
Texas heat is bad, but Vegas won't be a whole lot better in July
D
DrDAV
Posted 15 years ago
If your also looking for a party town, first full week in Aug. is the Sturgis bike rally in the Blackhills, SD.
Concerts everynight, bands everywhere, beautiful scenery, both organic and human.
Just an idea.
D
dreambass
Posted 15 years ago
Nashville during the summer NAMM would make a lot of sense. I've been to that show a couple of times and if some willing manufacturer or dealer would help with attendee badges it would be a wonderful trip. The LA NAMM is bigger but this show is amazing in its own right.
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago
OK, we've got d4dve coming to Vegas on the 16th of May and a Namm show in Nashville on the 3rd week in July.

Also, DrDAV recommended the Sturgis Bike Rally in the Blackhills, SD on the first week in August. I dunno if I can get my guns and knives through airport security for that one.

But I can fly to Vegas or drive to Nashville easier. And the time doesn't matter to me.

Does anyone else have any input? I've not heard from Ric. I hope he can come. Also WestCoastBass. He's very cool also. Have I left anyone out?
More input gentlemen.....Vegas or Nashville.....or something else.
D
dreambass
Posted 15 years ago
Sturgis is a cool place during Bike Week but it's just as easy to get to Bulgaria! We could always just "split the difference" and camp out at Andre's.
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

dreambass wrote:
Sturgis is a cool place during Bike Week but it's just as easy to get to Bulgaria! We could always just "split the difference" and camp out at Andre's.

Haha. Although I'd love to meet Andre one day.

If I go to Bike Week, I'd want to take my bike, else it would be like going to a Statii meet without my bass.
We have Daytona and Myrtle Beach Bike Rally weeks on the East Coast. Truly, the last thing I need to do is to have a bunch of pretty biker chicks take advantage of my innocent nature and corrupt me, then get beat to a pulp by their drunken boyfriends while my Statii friends watch in amusement. ;)

But Sturgis is now on the list, so you guys decide. I'll go with the flow.
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago
There's going to be at least 3 USA Statii members at Summer NAMM in Nashville on July 17-19. That's almost half of us anyway, haha. It sounds like as good a place as any to have a USA Meet-up. Can anyone else make it to NAMM?
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
SHould see if Rob can build a graphite "Nashville Edition" banjo? :D:D:D
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

Todd wrote:
SHould see if Rob can build a graphite "Nashville Edition" banjo? :D:D:D

...and an all graphite "Canadian Edition" skin flute. :D:D:D:P:D:D:D
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

Todd wrote:
:D:D:D:D:D

Todd wrote:
What would you do with that Rick?

What else? Send it to Canada of course. You can add it to your collection.

BTW...your "Quantum" avatar was the coolest one yet. Nice.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator