Petronas Twin Towers 452m [1/12]8 %
    Taipei 101 509m [1/12]8 %
    CN Tower 553m [0/12]0 %
    Burj Dubai 818m [8/12]67 %
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

treebark55 wrote:
Well, in that case, I'll take the KingBass.

Good call......I'll go for the S2.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago
Thank you one and all.

With friends like you, who needs enemas? :|
To know me is to love me, and I do.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
So.. had a quick listen to Phils new album.
Hmmm not sure, I expected more in terms of chops and on the edge drumming so in that respect, kind of average. Didn't he leave L42 because they were not staying true to the Britfunk(and he didn't gey on with Mr King) and it was all to 'poppy and average'? The production is fantastic, bass players not bad either;) But can you say wow, sorry I can't. Still love his drumming and think he was one of the best........
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
No, I think because it's from a 'drummer' you're expecting mega drums all over it!!

It's just a nice chilled album.
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Arizona SunArizona Sun
Posted 15 years ago
Very chilled, very grooved. Stay off the drugs, Phil! And tighten that snare back up - horrible snare sound now!
Alembic Series I small body 1977
Alembic Series II standard point 1999
Status King Bass Artist 2007
Unicorn Artist 3400 Sovereign 2008
Fodera Monarch Deluxe 1987
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Arizona Sun wrote:
Very chilled, very grooved. Stay off the drugs, Phil! And tighten that snare back up - horrible snare sound now!

I must mention to Phil that he should contact you for consulting purposes before any further releases...
Arizona SunArizona Sun
Posted 15 years ago
You can talk with your mouth full?
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Arizona Sun wrote:
You can talk with your mouth full?

Please feel free to elaborate.
Arizona SunArizona Sun
Posted 15 years ago
You need elaboration? lol Did the IQ drop while I was away? Is it the cold? It doesn't seem to have affected your ability to make snide comments when I express my thoughts...

RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
It's all very well expressing your thoughts! But I noticed Arizona Sun is an expert on drum tuning now?? Think you'd be best laying off the drugs yourself Mate!!
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago
Ronnie!!!

Good to see you're still alive, you old fart.

Did you have a go at the poll Moo made in my honor? ;)
To know me is to love me, and I do.
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
OLD FART? Speak for yourself!! :D
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
Forgot to mention that I received a message from Phil the other day, and he wanted to express his thanks for the album plug here on the forum. He also wished everyone concerned with the Statii Album all the very best, and that he'll be buying a copy as it's for a very worthy cause!!
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Retroron wrote:
Forgot to mention that I received a message from Phil the other day, and he wanted to express his thanks for the album plug here on the forum. He also wished everyone concerned with the Statii Album all the very best, and that he'll be buying a copy as it's for a very worthy cause!!

Tell the man I and one of my buddies can't stop listening to it... Very nice piece of work!!

Well done Philip!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Edited by moo on 04-02-2009 12:22, 15 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Retroron wrote:

Yes but do you think he will listen to it!:@
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
Thanks for the positive feedback Danny??, thats the kind of comment I'd expect from someone else who chooses to share his infinite wisdom on this forum!!
Edited by Retroron on 04-02-2009 23:45, 15 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Well you know what, if you can't beat 'em, join them! I thought I would beat Moo or Todd to it.;)
Arizona SunArizona Sun
Posted 15 years ago
I bought the album, I am perfectly entitled to express an opinion on it, particularly as THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT - given your signature you are clearly no respecter of other people's opinions and that's your choice, but it certainly rules you out in my book as someone worth paying attention to.

I am not an expert on drum tuning, but I am sure you agree that Phil's snare sound has always been much admired and distinctive. That said, I AM an expert on grammar, which is why I find your posts hard to read - can you work on it? :(
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
:o Here we go again:D:D:D

Yes, his snare sounds like custard!
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
Fair enough about expressing one's opinions, but comments like " Keep off the drugs " etc, are somewhat degrading. You may well be an expert on Grammar, but to me you seem as thick as a Plank!!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot edit the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot vote on the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.