Stealth/Streamline tints

Last updated on 9 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
I've seen the amber tint on some of the older necks, series 1 and the like, a few here and there on EBay, looks great, I prefer to the green as it looks very different from the standard graphite colour whereas the green doesn't look hugely different.
Side wraps, at times are a little too bright on a dark stage, having the option again I would have a dimmer rotary knob fitted, I got round this by putting a bit of insulating tape over fret 12! Amber streamline, side wraps= very cool!!!!
GregJGregJ
Posted 11 years ago
Here is a picture of a blue Stealth. Somehow the earlier pics in this threads are gone.
GregJGregJ
Posted 11 years ago
dang,,, how do you post pics?
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
GregJGregJ
Posted 11 years ago
Thanks for the help. This should be a pic of a blue tinted bass Stealth.

http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/Gregj8787/media/Status/BlueStealth_zpsed16f24d.jpg
GregJGregJ
Posted 11 years ago
sorry for all the tries... This will work. Finally a blue tinted Stealth, phew:

i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t537/Gregj8787/Status/BlueStealth_zpsed16f24d.jpg

When compared to red and green I just cannot decide:

i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t537/Gregj8787/Status/RedStealth_zps5031ca8f.jpg

i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t537/Gregj8787/Status/GreenStealth_zps5f60f4f4.jpg
andreandre
Admin
Posted 11 years ago
Here's a woven chrome top for your tint collection (one off)

www.statii.com/infusions/forum/images/users/andre/5752%20small.jpg
sgh42sgh42
Posted 11 years ago
I like the red & of course the woven chrome ()
*Basses*
GB Rumour (2010) . . . . : . . . . :

*Amplification*
Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 Head
Vanderkley 212MNT Cab

I am the greatest bass player in my house apart from my fish.
GregJGregJ
Posted 11 years ago
Wow, the woven chrome is also beautiful. Here is one more for comparison's sake, natural black Stealth... I think I'll take them all!

i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t537/Gregj8787/Status/BlackStealth_zpsbbac0635.jpg
GregJGregJ
Posted 11 years ago
And lets not leave Amber out of the equation:

i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t537/Gregj8787/Status/AmberStealth_zpseac43095.jpg
GregJGregJ
Posted 11 years ago
For you red-tinted bass owners... do you have a hard time keeping the bass clean looking? The red tinted bass on page 1 by G-77 of this thread, appears either smudged or dusty. This appearance may be just a product of the camera's flash, but if it is a nightmare to keep the bass sharp looking, I may stay away from red. It is possible the gloss options have an effect on this as well. I am very keen to know as I plan to soon place an order. Thanks for any and all advice. Greg J
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago

GregJ wrote:
For you red-tinted bass owners... do you have a hard time keeping the bass clean looking? The red tinted bass on page 1 by G-77 of this thread, appears either smudged or dusty. This appearance may be just a product of the camera's flash, but if it is a nightmare to keep the bass sharp looking, I may stay away from red. It is possible the gloss options have an effect on this as well. I am very keen to know as I plan to soon place an order. Thanks for any and all advice. Greg J

Those 'smudges' are just the result of Trev having his fingers constantly in a bucket of KFC!!

:D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
wan't the grease from a bucket of KFC the best way to clean a bass? :D
Thanks for posting the photos Greg, is the blue one as recent bass? My Streamline is "Teal/Blue" but at the time rob was using a very green blue colour! I will have to repost some photos of mine as the originals seem to have been deleted.!
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
GregJGregJ
Posted 11 years ago
hi,
the photos I posted were sent to me from Rob G. Bear in mind they were probably professionally taken in a studio, and in real life the basses may not look that good. I asked for photos because I had no idea what the tints looked like on actual basses.... G-77 (or is it Trev?) , on your red-tinted bass, is it hard to keep shiny and new? The pic on page 1 of this thread concerns me. I am trying to decide between red tint and natural black. thanks, Greg
D
DrDAV
Posted 11 years ago
My Woven Chrome Stealth is VERY pretty, similar to Andre's.
i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/dav1477/B-2Stealth072.jpg
i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/dav1477/B-2Stealth090.jpg
N
Nic
Posted 9 years ago
A request: are there more pictures of tinted streamlines/stealths with chrome or gold hardware? It seems like other than the green one in the first post, all the other tinted carbon fibre finishes I've seen are paired with black hardware for some reason...
Edited by Nic on 08-01-2015 04:28, 9 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator