Last updated on 18 years ago
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Hmmm I ain't got one of those :@
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Trev, if you get one I'll be round like a shot to try it out. ;)
Rob GreenRob Green
Posted 18 years ago
Hello chaps,

Most of the details in the Buzzard-1 thread are correct and there are some interesting ideas I may look at... It may take some time but watch this space.

Best regards, Rob Green.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

Rob Green wrote:
Hello chaps,

Most of the details in the Buzzard-1 thread are correct and there are some interesting ideas I may look at... It may take some time but watch this space.

Best regards, Rob Green.

Sounds very interesting, can't wait!
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Sounds good Rob,

senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
Rob,
many thanks for your post.
This makes me really interested.
I was close to another B 1 but then the seller refused, unfortunately.
I already had my Spyders on Ebay to be prepared for the B1.
Sadly, I couldnĀ“t get it.
So all my hopes are in you now.

Oliver (Spyderman)
Z
zn_bassman
Posted 18 years ago
I second Oliver's post - Rob, as you know from our off-board discussion, I'm getting close to ordering a B-2. If you have any new options coming out, I'd love to hear about them before I order!
RichRich
Posted 18 years ago

Rob Green wrote:Most of the details in the Buzzard-1 thread are correct
Especially the bit about the best Warwick being a smashed-up one :D:D:D
I'm not some sort of drug-taking alcoholic git.
I'm just a git.
wwittmanwwittman
Posted 18 years ago
Speaking for myself, I'd love to see an all graphite, or at least graphite neck through, Buzzard 2.

THAT would be interesting.
F
fretmeister
Posted 18 years ago

Doctor_Bass wrote:
Warwick originally agreed to pay Stuart Spector a license fee - they allegedly did so for a period of two years; they then stopped after having made modifications' to the design of the Streamer basses (yeah right!!)! I agree Status should perhaps introduce a new bass aimed at the rockier' end of the market, call it a `JE' model as a non-specific tribute instrument! JE could be anyone, for example, Johnny English!

I've got a US Spector NS-2 in my collection and its a superb instrument - Warwicks have come been and gone - never owned one for more than 8 months!

Nick

Watch the Courts! Spector is currently taking advice about going after Warwick again.

The difficulty will be that Gibson just lost their appeal and so PRS can still make the 'single cut' so there is now precedent that as long as you can tell the difference at the point of sale then there is no infringement. Gibson's own lawyer admitted that 'only an idiot' would confuse them at sale.

So technically Rob could make them in the USA - as long as it was damn clear it was not a Warwick.

I have no doubt that Warwick were simply able to pay more for a license as they are a bigger company.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
And so long as he doesn't call them Buzzards or have any reference to the late, great JE.
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I think they are talked about as B-1s & B-2s these days...
Z
zn_bassman
Posted 18 years ago
If I understand correctly, Status is not allowed to even use the term Buzzard - same for mentioning Entwistle in relation to Status instruments. That's why what used to be called the Buzzard-2 is now called the B-2. John never used it for a major performance or recording, never made any endorsement of it, and - unlike the big, original Buzzard - its shape is unique to Status. As such, Rob can still market it under the changed name and with no mention of John.

The only footage I know of showing John playing a Buzzard-2 is the rehearsal clip in the eulogy section of the John Entwistle Band DVD.
B
BuzzardBass_dot_Com
Posted 18 years ago
That clip was probably taken from the DVD, "Classic Albums - The Who: Who's Next". I highly recommend picking this video up. John sits in front of the camera and talks about his bass line for Baba O Riley. He's using his B-2 and effects gear. This is the only footage I know of that's up front and personal with John and a B-2.
J
jman01
Posted 18 years ago
Please Please rob. make another B1 bass, i think everyone would buy it, i know i will =)

dont call it a buzzard, call it... The Blizzard or something, or Graphite Dragon or something cool,

Im begging you sir, =)
L
leejames
Posted 18 years ago

senmen wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am urgently seeking a Status Buzzard I.
So if you have one for sale, plse send me a mail with pics and your price to:
senmen@web.de

Many thanks for looking
Oliver (Spyderman)
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
Guys,
I am still looking for a Status BI, 4string and 8string.
So if you have one for sale, plse let me know.
Many thanks for reading, again.....

Oliver
MattheusMattheus
Posted 18 years ago
Hee Senmen,
I'm on constant patrol for one of those monsters! I'm hoping to come over to Germany this summer (WM 2006), if I find one I'll bring it along!
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
Mattheus,
wow, many thanks for your offer. I wish you could find one....
Anyway maybe we can meet when you are here in Germany.
Where do you go to?
Oliver
Paul_CPaul_C
Posted 18 years ago
I know it's not the same at all, but there's a W*****k Buzzard on ebay right now ..

P.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator