Strata (Status) 16

Last updated on 18 years ago
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Made by Rob Green (now Status-Graphite) in July of 1983 ... serial # 16. This is a very rare Strata (Status) from the first batch. For anyone who doesn't know the history of Status basses, this is "the" most collectable and fantastic Status bass ever made. Rob Green made 16 instruments in his original first ever batch of basses, this one being n° 16; he named them the "Strata". Fender got pretty upset and issued law proceedings against Rob claiming that the Strata name was too close to the Stratacaster.

Rob was forced to change the name of the Instruments to "Status" and re-badged the instruments by fitting another bridge with the new name on. A very small number of the instruments had sold by this time and Rob was unable to trace them for the re-branding....

Graphite through neck construction, Flame/Birdseye Maple front, Walnut inner veneer and amazaque (ovangkol) back with herringbone inlays, GMT hum-bucking pickups and active bass/treble circuit and brass hardware.

Thanks to Mark L. for this jewel and thanks to Mark K. for signing it :-)

www.andresimha.com/music/my_basses/strata_16/c9_3.jpg
Edited by andre on 08-07-2006 06:34, 18 years ago
D
Doctor_Bass
Posted 18 years ago
Hi Andre!

That bass was part of my collection until two weeks ago when I swapped it for another Series 2000 (#33) - the Strata is a beautiful instrument and the heaviest bass ever! (one of the reasons I never really used it in a live situation - great at home though!). I believe it may be back on the open market..Mark Littler is the best guy to ask!

Cheers!

Nick
68 basses, Status 2000 x 2!
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I think you will find it is in Andre's collection now!
B
bassaussie
Posted 18 years ago
Absolutely superb bass. Pretty close to be being the Holy Grail for a Status enthusiast.
D
Doctor_Bass
Posted 18 years ago
Ah!

Andre has it now! Good!

Nick
68 basses, Status 2000 x 2!
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
And she is a beauty guys - this one goes nowhere now :D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator