Series 1 6 string

Last updated on 18 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
There is a 6 string Series 1 for sale on Bassworld. Here is a link:

http://www.bassworld.co.uk/pn/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=123564#123564

And here is a copy of the text.

After much "umming" and "arghing" i've pretty much concluded that i'm more comfortable on a 5 string than on a 4 or 6...hence this sale.

So, what we have hear is a Status S1 6 string with a through set-neck made of maple with a rosewood board, and burr madrone top. I've e-mailed Rob at Status about this bass and he's said that it dates from around 1996, and with it being a through neck, it's quite rare.

As you can see from the pics, there is some wear where the thumb sits above the pickups, these don't alter the basses tone, but they are there. The pickups are also had some cosmetic wear, with the bridge pickup having a slight crack to the casing...these blemishes do not alter the basses tone, nor do the affect the pickups functionality!!! Other than these things, there is the general wear that you would expect from a bass of this age, however, i plays and sounds awesome.

Since i've owned it (Nov 05) i've only used it for band practices and bedroom use, and i've taken care of it as best i could, however the mentioned blemishes came with the bass when i bought it.

I'm looking for £575 and it comes with a Status padded gig bag. I'd prefer collection as i'm not a lover of the postal systems.

Pm me with any questions.

Many thanks
Jamie

Seems like a good deal to me and Jamie is a sound bloke.
Edited by status on 27-03-2006 03:07, 18 years ago
johnghjohngh
Posted 18 years ago
Anyone wishing to buy this Bass can count on Jamie, he's a great bloke, I bought a Hartke 2x10 off him at the Bash last month.
RichRich
Posted 18 years ago
You can bet your ass I'm keeping an eye on it. It'd make a great mate for my S1 5er. :D
I'm not some sort of drug-taking alcoholic git.
I'm just a git.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator