Wall mounting a Status...

Last updated on 14 years ago
sgh42sgh42
Posted 14 years ago

dreambass wrote:
Just my 2 cents (pence) here...... I've used the Lexan version of the wall-mount for years now (as "Beany" owns) and even sold a few extra I had to prominent Status forum members. According to Ned Steinberger, who developed these as dealer displays of his much heavier XL and XM series, there were never any known failures of this wall-mount system. Don't underestimate the validity of polycarbonates. Are there better ideas? Probably so, carbon graphite would be nice and I too would buy them. This one is as close to invisible for display of a beautiful instrument as humanly possible and has never failed....... KWS

Hmm I like the clear design one but am wondering about the stability. So where are the wall mounts mentioned above available ?

Thanks
Steve
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

SGH42 wrote:

dreambass wrote:
Just my 2 cents (pence) here...... I've used the Lexan version of the wall-mount for years now (as "Beany" owns) and even sold a few extra I had to prominent Status forum members. According to Ned Steinberger, who developed these as dealer displays of his much heavier XL and XM series, there were never any known failures of this wall-mount system. Don't underestimate the validity of polycarbonates. Are there better ideas? Probably so, carbon graphite would be nice and I too would buy them. This one is as close to invisible for display of a beautiful instrument as humanly possible and has never failed....... KWS

Hmm I like the clear design one but am wondering about the stability. So where are the wall mounts mentioned above available ?

Thanks
Steve

This is a bit of a process and Todd is coming up with the best solution soon... Watch this space!!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
sgh42sgh42
Posted 14 years ago

moo wrote:

SGH42 wrote:

dreambass wrote:

Thanks
Steve

This is a bit of a process and Todd is coming up with the best solution soon... Watch this space!!!

Or even the Lexan version in "Beany's" profile pic.
Thanks
Steve
JonasOfBorgJonasOfBorg
Posted 14 years ago
For sale: Red Status S5000
For sale: White Westone Spectrum V5 (now fretless)
RoffaRoffa
Posted 14 years ago
Check out Woodies Guitar Hanger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy2TKZ...y2TKZ0Amxs
Should do the jobb?!
RoffaBass

Status StealthII, Status SII (FL), Status S2000, Status Shark 5, Washburn S1000
franfran
Posted 14 years ago
very smart and effective ! www.kissforum.de/phpbb3/images/smilies/fick.gif
moo-wood-kingbass artist '07
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it does include an annual free trip around the sun
D
dreambass
Posted 14 years ago
Great idea unless you have inlaid strap locks.
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
If you guys want to keep short changing yourself on graphite by purchasing headless basses (daft idea;)) then you will keep having to look for daft hangers!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.