Wall mounting a Status...

Last updated on 14 years ago
D
dreambass
Posted 17 years ago
I just heard from Andy Yacubic, the founder of Steinbergerworld and the fellow who arranged the manufacture of the acrylic wall hanger for headless instruments shown earlier in this thread. There are no additional copies available be he tells me that the minimum order to have more made would be +20 copies. If there is adequate interest here they could be made and sold in the $50US range.

Anyone SERIOUSLY interested? Andy would be happy to handle the order with the maker but someone else (not me!!) would have to handle the individual orders. Ken
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
OK here goes, Ken was so kind as to sell me the 3 he still had in a box and ... this is what is looks like (sorry no time to put it on the wall, but the picture explains it all). A fantastic solution for all headless fans ;)

Featuring my 1984 Series II (147)
Edited by andre on 09-09-2007 19:17, 17 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
D
dreambass
Posted 17 years ago
Well now.....if I knew that it would look that cool I probably wouldn't have sold them to you! LOL

I'm continually fascinated as to how small the World has become with the advent of the internet and forums like Statii.com. These hangers went from Steinbergerworld.com in Minnesota, to me in Upstate New York, to their final home in Switzerland..... due to a single pic being posted. That still amazes me.

Glad you're happy with them and that they're going to good use. Ken/NY

David King C4 Custom 32"
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
It's a small world Ken ...
Thanks again
Andre

PS. Anybody want to start taking orders?
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Looks great Andre!

Looking forward to putting all mine on the walls too...

hmmmm, moo needs more walls!!

:D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 17 years ago
I can't quite make it out but with the design the way it is, does it mean the bass will be resting on its tuners? Is that safe/wise?
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago

Darren Goldsmith wrote:
I can't quite make it out but with the design the way it is, does it mean the bass will be resting on its tuners? Is that safe/wise?

them tuners are pretty solid!

;)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Posted 17 years ago
Oh yeah, I know they are... just wonderin'
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago

Darren Goldsmith wrote:
Oh yeah, I know they are... just wonderin'

Well let's just see if Andre's pride and joy breaks... then we'll know!!

Posted 17 years ago
Lol! :)

Although I sincerely hope not...
DamonDamon
Posted 17 years ago
Just read this thread. These hangers are just what I need for my Series II and Kingbasses.

I'd be interested in getting at least three.

Is there any way of getting more? Or does there have to be at least an order for 20?

Cheers

Damon :)
D
dreambass
Posted 17 years ago
Unfortunately the Steinberger Club sold out of the hangers they had made. It would take a one time reorder of at least 20 units for the fabricator to make another run. Apparently the members of the Steinberger Club that wanted one have already bought theirs as there doesn't seem to be any strong interest there. I will put out a feeler over there to see what new interest there may be that might be combined with that from the Status owners. Ken

David King C4 Custom 32"
DamonDamon
Posted 17 years ago
That's very decent of you.

Cheers

D :)
A
alexcar6677
Posted 17 years ago

dreambass wrote:
Unfortunately the Steinberger Club sold out of the hangers they had made. It would take a one time reorder of at least 20 units for the fabricator to make another run. Apparently the members of the Steinberger Club that wanted one have already bought theirs as there doesn't seem to be any strong interest there. I will put out a feeler over there to see what new interest there may be that might be combined with that from the Status owners. Ken

i'd be interested in 1 too

al
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
I'm looking to make some... It won't be for a while as I'm off to Singapore soon.

Should be a very simple process so I'll keep you informed!

DamonDamon
Posted 17 years ago
Moo to the rescue! :D
Posted 17 years ago
I thought of making my own but I'm not sure how I'd go about it yet. I know the tuners are nice and solid but they're not designed to be rested on so I'd be worried about it... even if nothing ever happened. Nervous type? Me? Yep... :)

I'll have a play in Modo and see what I come up with.

D
dreambass
Posted 17 years ago
I posted an inquiry on the Steinberger forum and there seems to be more than enough interest to organize a new run of these wall hangers. Give me a week or so for me to contact the fabricator and get a firm price worked up.

Andre, Now that you've had the hangers for a week or so........ any comments applicable to the Status application. I know for certain that there are none with the Steinberger instruments, but I never check these hangers against my only Status headless, a Series 2000. Ken

David King C4 Custom 32"
HotTubesGroovesHotTubesGrooves
Posted 17 years ago
Your Series 2 is beautiful by the way André! I'm really starting to like the older headless Statii...
www.myspace.com/bassmonkey1985
www.myspace.com/twodayrule
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago

HotTubesGrooves wrote:
Your Series 2 is beautiful by the way André! I'm really starting to like the older headless Statii...

How can you not !! :-)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.