Keyboard Dep required June 6th

Last updated on 15 years ago
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Guys

Need your help with the following

Due to our Keys player and MD of the band having to undergo an unexpected operation on the 5th which means he couldn't do this gig, I need a dep for him.

The gig is in Horsham in Sussex and is a wedding. You will need to be a competent player, do not have to be a reader as most of the set is fairly standard covers which I'm sure you would be familiar with. The gig will pay £250 for the night. You need your own transport and Keyboards.... obviously. PA and monitoring is supplied.

We would need to meet with you prior to the gig and any pre-recorded material you have or CV would be appreciated. I'll go into more info for the right people.

Please contact -

Jay 'Nathan' Cresswell (me) 07973750072 - Nathan@5catfish.com
Andy 'Fatboy' Lewis (MD) 07518943301 - Andy@5catfish.com

Cheers

Jay
Essex..... Home of the Bass!!!!

UK Award Winning Wedding/Function Band:www.5catfish.com

HOT SAUCE Disco/Funk/Rare Groove covers band:www.HotSauceDisco.com

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/JayCramphorneavt.jpg
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Right... Where's that old Moog of mine!!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:
Right... Where's that old Moog of mine!!!

...... you've seen our set then... :D

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
:D :D :D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago
I cant believe all these years I have been pronouncing it moooog and it is actually pronounced 'moge'. i think that is a much less funky name
Kingbass serial number 16 - rosewood and walnut
STATUS Hotwire strings 30-90 hex core
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Paul Clifton wrote:
I cant believe all these years I have been pronouncing it moooog and it is actually pronounced 'moge'. i think that is a much less funky name

NO...

It's MOOg

:D :D
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago
Yes I'm sure that works for you ;) and since I prefer it too, let's insist that's what it is!
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
" MOGE " ?? That's just as bad as pronouncing Paiste cymbals as PAISTEY !! Whoever told you Moog was pronounced Moge is having a laugh!! :D
Edited by Retroron on 08-05-2009 12:59, 15 years ago
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
theyre were avin a turkish mate,cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Retroron wrote:
" MOGE " ?? That's just as bad as pronouncing Paiste cymbals as PAISTEY !! Whoever told you Moog was pronounced Moge is having a laugh!! :D

Paistey is a condition, not a symbol!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I remember MOGE too!

From someone involved in the company when I was at school.. The kid who shoved a copy of Level 42 album in my ears had one!
Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 15 years ago

Todd wrote:

Retroron wrote:

Paistey is a condition, not a symbol!

Usually found in very white, sun-shirking Brits. :)
Status Series II - #397
Jonas Hellborg Signature
King Bass Prototype #1
King Bass Prototype #2
King Bass MkII Prototype #002 (The Stuttgart Bass)
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Is that a bit like pail or pale?:|
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago

Retroron wrote:

It was Bob Moog - the guy who invented it: he said he hated it being mis-pronounced Mooog. Not to me personally: it was on TV, can't remember which show - one of those 100 best things. Here is the Wikipedia ref though:

"Dr. Robert Arthur Moog pronounced moUg/ to rhyme with "rogue"

So I can assure you the correct pronunciation IS Moge.

Oh and the cymbals are pronounced Pie-stee. Wikipedia ref for that:

"Paiste is an Estonian/Finnish word which means "shine". The company's website indicates that "the correct pronunciation for 'Paiste' is 'Pie-stee', or as Mario Calire of Ozomatli says, 'It rhymes with feisty'!".
Edited by paul clifton on 09-05-2009 01:46, 15 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Paul Clifton wrote:

Retroron wrote:

It was Bob Moog - the guy who invented it: he said he hated it being mis-pronounced Mooog. Not to me personally: it was on TV, can't remember which show - one of those 100 best things. Here is the Wikipedia ref though:

"Dr. Robert Arthur Moog pronounced moUg/ to rhyme with "rogue"

So I can assure you the correct pronunciation IS Moge.

Oh and the cymbals are pronounced Pie-stee. Wikipedia ref for that:

"Paiste is an Estonian/Finnish word which means "shine". The company's website indicates that "the correct pronunciation for 'Paiste' is 'Pie-stee', or as Mario Calire of Ozomatli says, 'It rhymes with feisty'!".

And........the correst pronounciation is Staa-tus, NOT Stay-tus when you are in Canada!!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago
Isn't it Stattus? lol
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
The late Jeff Porcaro,one of Paiste's longest running endorsee's certainly didn't pronounce it PIE-STEE in his tuitional videos!! It was simply Paiste!! B)
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago
You expected a drummer to be literate? lol
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
EASY TIGER!!! I was a pro drummer for 15 years!! ;)
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
you shouldn't shout about that....

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator