New Series 3, 5 string, headless!

Last updated on 8 years ago
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 8 years ago
I'm now one of the unfortunates who has to endure the long wait for his Status.
I've got a Series 3 in the works:

Headless
5 string
Highly figured Movingui top
Vintage tint/burst (color and depth at Rob's discretion)
Mahogany body (dark stained to contrast the faux binding)
White wrap-around LEDs
Gold hardware

It's going to be a long wait. Oh well, it gives me time to sell another bass and put in my order for a fretless Stealth 5 string!!
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Nice way to join a forum. That bass certainly won't disappoint. My S3 is the best bass I have ever played, even up against my Overwater and ACG. The time will fly by.
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 8 years ago
I've been playing for (dear God) 30 years now and I've wanted a Status for ages. The exchange rate just hit a spectacular point (for us here in the US!) and I had a few financial things fall into place.

Not kidding about the Stealth fretless either! As soon as I sell one other bass I have on hand, that order is going in that day!
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 8 years ago
I just received an email from Mr. Green. My Series 3 will ship tomorrow! I will post pics upon its arrival.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Right Matt, what the bloody hell is going on, you are 3 days late on those pictures.....Put the ruddy thing down and get the camera out!!
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Eee! did you have a bad gig last night Danny? :D

You are right of course.
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 8 years ago
I see someone needs a little more fiber in their diet.
Let's see if this works.

i68.tinypic.com/zlz19e.jpg
i65.tinypic.com/2prwhsn.jpg
i63.tinypic.com/2pr8mix.jpg
i65.tinypic.com/2czca5i.jpg
R
Rogiarte
Posted 8 years ago
Excelent choice Matt !
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Stunner... Well done!!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
I love these pictures even if Mcafee doesn't. I think the Series 3 is Rob's finest design and that is an extra special example. ()
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Ahh, absolutley exquisite!
That is the kind of fibre (carbon) I need! Just remember people who order new basses, our wait is longer (to see the darn thing!)
Actually didn't someone do a step by step once from the delivery guy to opening the case?? That was funny.
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 8 years ago
A photo from Rob's cellar, shot while he was making Matt's bass.

S3-Lava 5-string

i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/Me4Bass/Statii/lava_zpslyb2rxc4.jpg
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 8 years ago
I'll admit, the top is pretty dramatic.
When I first unpacked it, it was a cloudy afternoon and indoors. I was pleased with the top and the finish. Then, later in the day, I turned on the lights and took these shots with a flash and BOOM...LAVA!!
Under lights the top really shows its 3D nature and the finish really lights up.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
I wonder if that is Rob's secret? I remember when I opened the case to my S2 in 2008 I was hugely disappointed. I had ordered a Quilt Maple and it looked like plane Maple. Took it out the case and moved it around in the light and it came alive. Very subtle in some lights but in the right light it just shimmers.
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 8 years ago
Beyond the looks of this bass, there is the amazing tone and effortless playability.
i've had some time with it now and have had some genuine eye opening, "Holy S#!t" moments. This thing punches and growls like nothing I've played in the last 30 years. I knew it would sound good, but this level of awesome is something I really wasn't expecting.
The really impressive thing is that you get all of the clarity, definition and sustain combined with that punch and growl. It is really something unique!!
I really wanted the Status for the headless ergonomics. What I didn't expect was that the overall playing position would be so comfortable and natural. I find that the instrument is shifted or more centered on the body than most basses. My left arm and fretting hand are more close to my body, far less fatigued after a long session and the relaxed playing position facilitates smoother and faster position changes and overall playing. My plucking hand is shifted closer to my hip and again is much less fatigued as well.
The ergonomics are just fantastic and obviously a great deal of time and effort went into the design. The bass just "fits"!
The incredible tone combined with this level of comfort make this an amazing instrument. There is a reason they are the stuff of legend.
I know I'm "preaching to the choir" but for anyone reading these threads (like I did for years), if you have any doubts or questions...set them aside and JUST GET ONE.
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Plain awesome bass Matt, congrats!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator