Non-Status equipment

Non-Status basses or guitars
1592 posts | Last Activity on 09-08-2007 20:33 by Silent Fly
Silent Fly
Silent Fly 09-08-2007 20:33, 17 years ago
Re: Rich's kids
Very nice collection!

Can I ask you a comment about the EMG pickups (EMG-40TW, I believe) of the Shuker? How is the sound in single and dual-coil mode? Different volume, tone,...

Thanks

Responded in Rich's kids
L
LukeFRC 09-08-2007 10:48, 17 years ago
Re: new alembic orion
stripy!
Responded in new alembic orion
P
pietzouille 09-08-2007 10:03, 17 years ago
Re: new alembic orion
Here guys my new beauty!!
Tell me what u think,if u guys had alembic,please share u're opinion... :-)
Responded in new alembic orion
Rich
Rich 09-08-2007 09:00, 17 years ago
Re: Rich's kids
Meet the family: Cool
img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/jazza42uk/thekids2.jpg
Shuker custom J 5-string, perfect in every way... Jon Shuker is a genius
Status S1 5-string
Wal Pro IIE, 27 years old and maturing like a fine wine
Jaydee Roadie 1 fretless, with EMG bits
Squier Jazz that thinks it's a Fender Smile

Here's a better closeup of the Shuker:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/jazza42uk/Shuker/jazzaVbodyfront.jpg
Responded in Rich's kids
Darren Goldsmith
Darren Goldsmith 14-07-2007 04:34, 17 years ago
Re: Manson Explorer Renovated
That's looking really nice Trev. MUCH better than the horrible red paintwork. Can't wait to see it finished... Smile
G-77
G-77 14-07-2007 02:17, 17 years ago
Re: Manson Explorer Renovated
Well some of you might recall me getting this about a year a go,
it was in quite a poor state when i got it , the paint had reacted with the foam in the case and the neck was not straight, the Truss rod was all gummed up and the frets were in a bad way.

homepage.mac.com/editbox/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2006-07-15%2013.31.11%20-0700/Image-F4256312143E11DB.jpg

homepage.mac.com/editbox/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2006-07-15%2013.31.11%20-0700/Image-F4257141143E11DB.jpg

homepage.mac.com/editbox/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2006-07-15%2013.31.11%20-0700/Image-F42534BD143E11DB.jpg

homepage.mac.com/editbox/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2006-07-15%2013.31.11%20-0700/Image-F425460C143E11DB.jpg

but after a lot of work from Paul_C the bass is transformed,

homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/explorer/Explorer_3.jpg
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/explorer/Explorer_4.jpg
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/explorer/Explorer_5.jpg
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/explorer/Explorer_6.jpg
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/explorer/Explorer_7.jpg

The body is 6 pice mahogany, made out of 3 different woods, with thru neck, the head stock has a lovely bit of wood facing on it, no idea what this is, and there is a thin layer of veneer between this and the headstock.

Paul striped down the paint, Replaced the rosewood fret-board with ebony & replaced the knackerd trussrod & a new Brass Nut.

Still to do is replace the gold machine heads for black, fit a u-retro preamp, and apply a load more wax.

I am still totally amazed by how this bass has turned out , it is stunning. What we cant work out is why such a nice bit of wood got painted red in the first place.

Thanks again Paul. CoolCool
stenobass
stenobass 28-04-2007 03:23, 17 years ago
Re: Alembic SF-2
Ciao!

I have an Alembic Superfilter for sale, it is an excellent toneshaping tool. Details of this preamp/tonefilter can be found here:

http://www.alembic.com/prod/sf2.html

It is only 1 year old and I am looking for £350.

Thanks for looking!

Stefano
Responded in Alembic SF-2
T
Thunder_fingers 23-04-2007 17:44, 17 years ago
Re: I sacrificed my status.. :(
Oh, i plan to, im not selling any of those.
E
eldad 23-04-2007 06:18, 17 years ago
Nice Precision, the most beautiful bass EVER made (in my opinion...)
Keep it Wink
T
Thunder_fingers 22-04-2007 23:27, 17 years ago
Re: Fender Japan Basses?
Used to own a 70's reissue ash body, Maple/Maple neck. truly solid stuff, i must recomend them.
Responded in Fender Japan Basses?
T
Thunder_fingers 22-04-2007 22:15, 17 years ago
..For a Warwick streamer LX4, wide spaced 5ers didnt realy do it for me (I had a Eclipse 5er i think it was, a all wood model with graphite bars in the neck, i would have liked it as a 6er, but as a 5er it felt wrong for me, i prefer the MM5 stringspacing/neck width)

Well, the Warwick didnt last long, since after i got my Custom Listerud Bass, i only used the Warwick passive, only neck pickup, and with flatwounds so i thought:
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/Thundering-fingers/fullPbass2.jpg
"Makes more sense, so can somebody who actually will use all the features in the warwick have it.." Shes a fairly beaten 1973 - 77 Fender P Bass(she carry stuff from all these years) the nut is placed slightly wrong, and the neck pocket is to big, but i feel that is stuff im gonna mange to fix myself, other than that she is a very nice bass.
D
dood 21-04-2007 11:58, 17 years ago
^^^ absolutely spot on.. My Jap P 70's bass in black is a non exporter too, with said US pups and better hardware.
L
LukeFRC 21-04-2007 10:17, 17 years ago
I've got the 57 reissue P with alder body and US pups, its great, esp the neck is really well made and it looks and sounds the shizzle. Comparing it to a US standard P i tried in shop its in a different league. feels so much nicer. Lots of bottom end. Compared to my Status shark its not as well made, doesnt 'feel' as nice but the tone is more in line of the music i play so it tends to get used live. And it looks sexy!
There are as i understand it 3 types of Jap fenders you can get, The export ones. That oyu would find in your normal UK store. The ones made for the jap internal market are apparently better. Of them there are cheaper ones (std and reissue) with basswood bodies and fender jap pups and better ones (generaly reissues) with alder or ash bodies with US pups.

http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedbasses.htm is the fella i got mine off
D
dood 19-04-2007 22:26, 17 years ago
ha ha ha!! yes.. When I feel like doing Duff McKagan impressions!!! ^^^^^^^
Steve
Steve 19-04-2007 09:40, 17 years ago
Dood... Is that a pick on your bass! Grin Shock
B
boris_spyder 19-04-2007 09:24, 17 years ago
I have the same exact bass as dood, color, dings and all. It is a fantastic instrument. I don't play it much as I like my Status better for most gigs, but when I do pick it up I'm reminded about how great it is. Duff McCagan of Guns n Roses played this type of bass and got a great sound.
rogertvr
rogertvr 19-04-2007 00:43, 17 years ago
I've got two Fender Japan basses that I imported new from Ishibashi Music in Japan.

1). A Precision based on a US '57 Precision. It's got a spiral bridge, US alnico pickups, alder body and one piece maple neck/fingerboard. It's extremely well built, plays like a dream and I love it to bits! I chose it over a US built Precision at twice the price in the local music shop here in the UK. It cost £415 new in 2006 by the time shipping and import duty etc was included in the price.

2). A Jazz based on a US '75 Jazz. Also has US alnico pickups, ash body and one piece maple neck/fingerboard. I bought it because I've been so impressed with the Precision! It cost about £500 new, early 2007. It's fantastic!

I hope this helps!

Rog
D
dood 18-04-2007 20:17, 17 years ago
Hey Svante! I own an 89 PJBS, the active 22 fret version. I love mine.. it's knackered and dinged, but the build quality is very good. I also own a 2007 Jap precision and the quality in workmanship is equalled. If anything, the pups on the PJBS are a little warmer and a little louder!! (originals) . Don't pay too much for one though. Even my active version was only 200 quid off ebay US. Look at less than 300 notes here, as you can easily import a new Fender jap for aless than £400 (mine did).

Ok.. so would I pick a jap over a mex and US Fender? ABSOLUTELY! Especially the reissue models. (Interestingly the power jazz bass was modelled on one of the reissue basses. Some reckon it was the 62, others suggest the 70's.

Hope this helps!

Here's mine:-

www.danveall.co.uk/rig1.JPG
O
obbm 18-04-2007 11:11, 17 years ago
I had a 1987-ish Fender Japan Precision from 1990 until last year when I swapped it for a 1996 Fender Japan Jazz. Both were/are excellent instruments. Very good build quality, finish and tone. I've just added a nice 1978 USA Precision to my collection. Now I can appreciate just how good the Japan P really was.
Steve
Steve 18-04-2007 05:23, 17 years ago
Re: New g**tar is here :D

Roffa wrote:

Steve wrote:
Hint - It's a strat stlye, with a floyd rose.

Maybe the new "headed-headless" design??
http://www.floydrose.com/main.html

Nope - But it is my other big love.
It's not headless, but fretless Grin

Another project, though I'll just be doing a body refinish at some stage in the future.

22 "fret" neck
Locking nut & Floyd rose trem bridge
2x single coil pups and a humbucker
Black hardware
Rosewood Fingerboard on a maple neck
Schaller tuners
Hideous brown colour Grin
Responded in New g**tar is here :D
panelstate
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

There are no threads found