Basses WANTED

Status basses WANTED go here
2971 posts | Last Activity on 14-02-2006 11:31 by status
status
status 14-02-2006 11:31, 18 years ago
Re: WANTED: Status Shark
On the left in this picture is the Shark I sold. The sharp eyed amongst you will see the extra control pot as I fitted a Seymour Duncan pre-amp to give it more flexibilty. Was lovely to play with Status halfwounds on it.

The one in the middle is a bass I made and fitted a Status Board 301 pre-amp and Status soapbars in.

The one on the right is my favourite, my Status Empathy.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/chriswright/P4090001.jpg
Responded in WANTED: Status Shark
senmen
senmen 14-02-2006 10:01, 18 years ago
Re: URGENTLY WANTED: Status Buzzard I
Yes,
I was in contact with the seller. The bass was sold, outside of Ebay, for nearly EUR 13000,means nearly 9000 GBP.
I know of another B1 located in the UK, but the seller now wants to have GBP 12000 for it.
This is really crazy. On the other hand, I do own some nice basses and they are also very special JE. The Alembic Spyders I mean. But I get the feeling that I was too slow in getting a Buzz 1...

Oliver (Spyderman)
G-77
G-77 14-02-2006 09:32, 18 years ago
I wondered if something like that had happened.

this one was for sale a while back on ebay, http://www.thegoodges.co.uk/buzzardforsale.htm but it looks like the seller got greedy and puled the sale because i didnt go high enough. I though that was what reserve was for!
senmen
senmen 14-02-2006 09:25, 18 years ago
Trev,
yes I talked to Rob and Dawn about this and there will be no more anymore. No Chance!
Problem is that Chris, the son of John Entwistle, sold the rights on the name Buzzard, the design and the name John Entwistle to Warwick. The lawyers of Warwick then went to Status to forbid them officially to produce the Buzzards anymore. I am not sure but I also heard that Rob had to destroy the moulds on the Buzzards too.
As said, I have a good relationship to Dawn and Rob, but no chance to get a Buzzard I buildt again.
This is the reason why the Buzzard prices go up that high at the moment.
Oliver (Spyderman)
G-77
G-77 14-02-2006 09:20, 18 years ago
Hi Oliver,

Have you contacted Status to see if they would make you one as a special order? I would be interested in what they say. I would love a Status Buzzard some day, but dont have the money right now.

Trev.
senmen
senmen 14-02-2006 07:23, 18 years ago
Hi Guys,
I am urgently seeking a Status Buzzard I.
So if you have one for sale, plse send me a mail with pics and your price to:
senmen@web.de

Many thanks for looking
Oliver (Spyderman)
Z
zn_bassman 14-02-2006 00:50, 18 years ago
Re: Wanted: used Buzzard-2 (B2)
Looking for feedback from owners and possible purchase.
andre
andre 13-02-2006 21:33, 18 years ago
Sure I understand, at least it gives you a rough idea of the value I guess
status
status 13-02-2006 21:25, 18 years ago
Andre,

Thanks for the links, I have seen those ones as they have been on ebay for months now. What puts me off is that the reports I have heard about that seller have not been great.

Chris.
andre
andre 13-02-2006 21:18, 18 years ago
Chris, have you checked Ebay? There are two Sharks currently posted from a German seller:

1) Shark bass black - Buy it Now for £379 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STATUS-SHARK-BA...7331397601
2) Shark bass honey - Buy it Now for £299 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STATUS-SHARK-BA...3768946489

Don't know the seller though.
Andre
status
status 13-02-2006 08:58, 18 years ago
Anyone out there go a nice 4 string Status Shark they could be persuaded to part with? I sold mine a while ago and have regreted it ever since Sad.

PM me if you have and I'll let you have my e-mail so you can provide some pics and details.

Cheers

Chris.
panelstate
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

There are no threads found