8611 posts | Last Activity on 13-02-2006 21:51 by andre
andre
andre 13-02-2006 21:51, 18 years ago
Re: SOLD: Status Eclipse Ltd SE 4 string
You will definately be able to do that!
status
status 13-02-2006 11:11, 18 years ago
Lovely finish on that one Andre. Looking forward to having a go on it in March.
status
status 13-02-2006 10:47, 18 years ago
Re: Status Empathy 4 string
Here's a pic of my Status Empathy 4 string. Still my favourite bass after 5 years and I have never played another bass that feels or plays better. Played lots of basses I like and own another 2 quality basses but I always come back to this one and it is my preferred bass to gig with.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/chriswright/empathyfront.jpg

Photos don't really do justice to the quality of the woods or the finish. Sounds great as well.Grin
andre
andre 13-02-2006 05:58, 18 years ago
Re: Status Series 4000 fretless
Made on April 14th 1992, the neck was replaced later hence the recent serial # CE12012770. The body is sharp black resin composite finished with polyester lacquer. Rosewood fingerboard, with a bolt on Graphite woven neck with gold machine heads. The fretless neck has dot markers running up the side. Two J-style pickups and a high output Status pre-set 1 custom active circuit.

www.andresimha.com/music/my_basses/series_4000_fretless/ee_3.JPG.jpg
andre
andre 13-02-2006 05:56, 18 years ago
Re: Status Series 3000 (Amptown Edition)
Status Series 3000 specially made by Status-Graphite on May 3rd 1988, serial # 069 produced in a very limited quantity for the 15th Anniversary of Hamburg based Amptown Music Store. bass has a 24 fret phenolic keyboard on a graphite neck. American Cherry body, brass bridge and tailpiece, 2 Status hyperactive J type pickups and active EQ. Hardware is gold electroplated brass
andre
andre 13-02-2006 05:46, 18 years ago
Re: Status Series 2000 (MP)
Made in the early 80's, serial # 084, this is a very early headless S2000 with a beautiful deep red colour in the black graphite weave. This Series 2000 bass was built in the early 80's for Mike Porcaro from the band Toto. He got it in the early 80's and used it while recording Toto's "Fahrenheit" album. It is also featured in the video for "I'll Be Over You" (watch when the band is playing on the roof). The entire bass is a one-piece, 100% graphite moulding which ensures stability, clarity and sustain. The transparent finish shows the graphite weave and it features the original GMT pickups and preamp. The preamp has an active/passive option which is much better sounding than the later version that was always active. 2 humbucking Status pickups, volume / balance / bass / treble controls with an active 18 volt EQ.

Love this one too!

www.andresimha.com/music/my_basses/series_2000/../../images/IMG_0533.jpg
andre
andre 13-02-2006 05:45, 18 years ago
Re: Status Smartbass 4 string
Made in December 2004, serial #12043074, with a mahogany body with natural satin lacquer, a woven headless graphite neck, phenolic fingerboard, dual action truss-rod and black hardware. It is fitted with a single soap-bar pickup, 3-band EQ with 18 volt electronics. Cheaper that other models but my personal favourite!!

www.andresimha.com/music/my_basses/smartbass/x_Status%20Smartbass.png
andre
andre 13-02-2006 05:43, 18 years ago
Made in 2002, serial #CE01022780. I bought this beautiful Series II Eclipse from a fellow Bassworlder in the UK. We believe this bass to be the only Series 2 with the Eclipse Limited Edition top.

Specs:
* Custom S2 Classic 4 string - headed
* Body wood: Quilted maple / Alder
* Neck: Woven carbon graphite / bolt-on
* Finish: Polyester - amber tint
* Circuit: Board-300
* Pickups: Status hyperactive
* Hardware: Gold

www.andresimha.com/music/my_basses/series_2_eclipse/../../images/Eclipse_LTD_SE_0555_2.jpg

www.andresimha.com/music/my_basses/series_2_eclipse/../../images/Eclipse_LTD_SE_560_2.jpg

Sold to a good home in France in July 2006
andre
andre 13-02-2006 05:41, 18 years ago
Re: Status Energy 5 string
Made in the 90's, original serial #1171582, new serial # 0905216N. I bought this all-wood 5 string headed Energy bass second hand in 2005, with active pickups, maple neck, natural wood finish (swamp ash) and the original Status hardware. Unfortunately the seller "omitted" to indicate that the maple neck was damaged ... to an extent beyond repair. Meanwhile it was overhauled at Status in 2005 and fitted with a brand new graphite neck

See the Energy on the old Status website here: http://www.status-graphite.com/oldsit...energy.htm
andre
andre 13-02-2006 05:35, 18 years ago
Re: Status Energy 4 string
Made in 1996, serial #2283, with a walnut body finished with a high gloss poly-lacquer, gold hardware and Status hyperactive pickup's. The red front LED's were fitted by Martin Sim's at Sims Custom Shop in 2002.
andre
andre 13-02-2006 05:31, 18 years ago
Re: Strata (Status) 16
Made by Rob Green (now Status-Graphite) in July of 1983 ... serial # 16. This is a very rare Strata (Status) from the first batch. For anyone who doesn't know the history of Status basses, this is "the" most collectable and fantastic Status bass ever made. Rob Green made 16 instruments in his original first ever batch of basses, this one being n° 16; he named them the "Strata". Fender got pretty upset and issued law proceedings against Rob claiming that the Strata name was too close to the Stratacaster.

Rob was forced to change the name of the Instruments to "Status" and re-badged the instruments by fitting another bridge with the new name on. A very small number of the instruments had sold by this time and Rob was unable to trace them for the re-branding....

Graphite through neck construction, Flame/Birdseye Maple front, Walnut inner veneer and amazaque (ovangkol) back with herringbone inlays, GMT hum-bucking pickups and active bass/treble circuit and brass hardware.

Thanks to Mark L. for this jewel and thanks to Mark K. for signing it :-)

www.andresimha.com/music/my_basses/strata_16/c9_3.jpg
Responded in Strata (Status) 16
panelstate
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

There are no threads found