Serial numbers

Serial numbers and more
228 posts | Last Activity on 18-06-2012 14:23 by chuckamok63
chuckamok63
chuckamok63 18-06-2012 14:23, 12 years ago
Re: numbers?
How do you guys determine serial numbers and dates? Is it based on known basses? I'm looking to sell my bass it's 0892505 any help?
Thanks.
Responded in numbers?
K
Kay 12-02-2012 00:20, 12 years ago
Re: Looking for information on my Status 6 string
Thnx all for your help. I still haven't sold the bass. I ask 500 pound. I live in the Netherlands.
S
Sen8 23-01-2012 23:25, 12 years ago
I have the same on 5strings, serial on my signature, and Rob told me that she is from december 2005.

Really nice bass! Seraching desperatly the same one with 4strings...
Angry-Canuck
Angry-Canuck 23-01-2012 03:37, 12 years ago

Kay wrote:
Are you sure about the mid hundreds? It seems a little low to me if you look at the new price.

I think this is what people mean when they say "careful what you ask for...." Cool

The graphite basses generally have more than double the resale value of the more natural variety.
K
Kay 22-01-2012 22:21, 12 years ago
Thanks, for the reply. It looks indeed like a Eclipse. Are you sure about the mid hundreds? It seems a little low to me if you look at the new price.

I'm trying to sell the bass right now, but am not quite sure what to ask for it.
B
bassbus 21-01-2012 00:25, 12 years ago
Hi Kay, welcome to the forum. Specially with a nice bass like that. It looks like an Eclipse from the mid to late 90s. As I always say, someone will no doubt correct me. That's my get out clause anyway. You'll find lots of info on all Status basses by clicking "Catalogues & More" at the top of this page. Your bass seems to show up as a four string in the link below. Wooden necked Statii don't hold their value as well as graphite necked basses. They are just as good. Price now would be in the mid hundreds for a good one like yours. Here's that link anyway.

http://www.statii.com/status_cats/cat...index.html
K
Kay 20-01-2012 23:07, 12 years ago
Photo 4
K
Kay 20-01-2012 23:04, 12 years ago
Photo 3
K
Kay 20-01-2012 23:04, 12 years ago
Photo 2
K
Kay 20-01-2012 22:58, 12 years ago
Photo 1
K
Kay 20-01-2012 22:49, 12 years ago
Hi,

I'm the owner of a status 6 string. I bought it a few years ago from someone that I can't reach now. I was wondering If you can tell me more about this bass. For example, the price when it was new, how old the bass is, is it a custom made bass? what is it worth now?

I hope you can help me with this one.
The serial number (I guess it's a serial number) is: 2962 (it's on the backside of the head)

I will post some more photo's

Many thanks!
Angry-Canuck
Angry-Canuck 20-09-2011 06:02, 13 years ago
Re: Dating Status Energy

Maybe moo wrote:

jfbass wrote:
Hi,

could you help me dating my new bass? It's a black Status Energy 4. It have the circuit version 1 or 1.1... Serial is CE056372.

Thank youSmile

Well I would suggest maybe a movie or a light dinner. Nothing too 'much' on the first one. Anyway, see how that goes and, if successful, straight for the panties!!!

Wink

GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Classic.....
Responded in Dating Status Energy
moo
moo 20-09-2011 04:32, 13 years ago

jfbass wrote:
Hi,

could you help me dating my new bass? It's a black Status Energy 4. It have the circuit version 1 or 1.1... Serial is CE056372.

Thank youSmile

Well I would suggest maybe a movie or a light dinner. Nothing too 'much' on the first one. Anyway, see how that goes and, if successful, straight for the panties!!!

Wink
B
bassbus 20-09-2011 00:15, 13 years ago
If I'm not mistaken that looks like mid ninties. The Energy in this link looks identical.

http://www.statii.com/status_cats/cat...20side.jpg

Click "Catalogues & more" at the top of this page and you'll get lots of info there.
jfbass
jfbass 19-09-2011 11:50, 13 years ago
another one for the road...
jfbass
jfbass 19-09-2011 11:45, 13 years ago
Here they are... if it's work
B
bassbus 18-09-2011 18:45, 13 years ago
Could you post a pic. There have been different Energy body shapes through the years. That might help.
jfbass
jfbass 18-09-2011 13:06, 13 years ago
Hi,

Thank youSmile
P
pratas 09-07-2011 21:24, 13 years ago
Re: status energy artist
thanks boys! i see 1 difference from the brochure: my position dots are brass? points aside the neck ( not as much contrast as white dots!), the brochure ones have little stripes on the fretboard..

I almost turn the pickup-balance fully towards the bridge, otherwise there's far too much bass! Lacking a bit of high eq too, in my opinion, pot always fully open.
Very happy with it, trying to get more sustain in the bass, anyone opinions on the 0-fret? Never had that, wondering if a brass nut will make a differense, strings are quite high in position with the 0-fret..
The electronics sound a bit alembic-like, with that same high fret-edge in it, though not as defined as alembic.
Thanks, greetz, Marc
Responded in status energy artist
B
bassbus 04-07-2011 03:27, 13 years ago
Re: status energy artist

Fat Rich wrote:
That's a bit of a bargain

That's the understatment of the day, Rich. Shock

As Rich says, these usually sell for around 450-550 GBP. Lovely looking bass.
Responded in status energy artist
panelstate
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

There are no threads found