Thread subject: statii.com: For all things Status-Graphite :: Wanted: Status Streamline 5

Posted by petebass on 20-02-2020 23:07

Hi there,

I'm gassing for a lightweight bass that is easy on my aging back. I'm currently playing a Stingray 5 so something in the punchy sound realm would be great. That rules out semi and hollow bodies, and most short scale basses.

A Status Streamline 5 would be perfect but they aren't common on the used market, so I'm open to anything similar.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got Smile

Posted by andre on 24-02-2020 17:38

Hello Petebass,

I may have exactly what you need!

Send me a PM when you get a chance or an email to andresimha@fastmail.com

Cheers,
André

Posted by petebass on 27-02-2020 03:05

andre wrote:
Hello Petebass,

I may have exactly what you need!

Send me a PM when you get a chance or an email to andresimha@fastmail.com

Cheers,
André

PM Sent.

Posted by petebass on 30-05-2020 13:23

Bump. Anyone else got a Streamline 5?

Posted by petebass on 22-08-2020 16:42

Bump. Still looking Smile

Posted by Jeroen on 23-08-2020 13:18

Have you considered something along the lines of a Steinberger shape? Hohner B25's are very nice and light (and very affordable too). They do require some modifications to compensate for the weird ergonomics: the Streamline is somewhat of a singlecut design, with normal strap button positions, but the Hohner has the front strap button behind the 21st fret! So on a strap, the first few frets are awkwardly far away. I have a 4-string B2A and it's a lovely bass to play and sounds great in active mode (but very bland and dry in passive).

Edited by Jeroen on 01-01-1970 01:00

Posted by petebass on 01-09-2020 17:39

No longer required. I bit the bullet and ordered a new one.

Posted by andre on 08-09-2020 17:48

Well done Pete Wink

Posted by cecoulter on 10-09-2020 06:36

Congratulations:
Please don't forget to post sound samples when you get it. I have been intrigued about the Streamline bass for a LONG time and would love to get on! I play mostly jazz and to most gigs I take an electric upright bass AND a bass guitar. The streamline would make my equipment carrying so much easier... not too mention on the occasional flight, I could get a custom flight case and fit both the Electric upright and Streamline easily.... BUT I can not find any legitimate videos /sound samples of the Streamline. 99% percent of videos of Status basses are people slapping "Mark king style".... I need to know if a Streamline would have a warm/ growling sound that would fit well for a walking bass line....No jazz players (that I know off) play Status basses.... It is hard to guess since it is all graphite.... Hence my hesitation to get a used (or new ) version.
Many thanks in advance and congratulation on the new Status order!

Posted by petebass on 12-09-2020 07:56

cecoulter wrote:
Congratulations:
Please don't forget to post sound samples when you get it. I have been intrigued about the Streamline bass for a LONG time and would love to get on! I play mostly jazz and to most gigs I take an electric upright bass AND a bass guitar. The streamline would make my equipment carrying so much easier... not too mention on the occasional flight, I could get a custom flight case and fit both the Electric upright and Streamline easily.... BUT I can not find any legitimate videos /sound samples of the Streamline. 99% percent of videos of Status basses are people slapping "Mark king style".... I need to know if a Streamline would have a warm/ growling sound that would fit well for a walking bass line....No jazz players (that I know off) play Status basses.... It is hard to guess since it is all graphite.... Hence my hesitation to get a used (or new ) version.
Many thanks in advance and congratulation on the new Status order!

No problem, I'm not a jazz master by any stretch, but I can knock out a walking bass line that will give you an idea. You'll have to be patient though, I won't receive the bass for ages yet.

FWIW, I have another option for you to consider. I have a tiny Ashbury electric bass that has rubber/gut strings that sounds very close to a full size double bass. When I say tiny, I mean tiny. It's uke sized. And it wasn't expensive. I'll post a clip of that as well if you like.