Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Not able to locate second hand - ordered new

Posted by crgny on 22-04-2020 23:20

I had been looking to replace the KingBass Artist (Series I) that I had previously owned, then sold a bunch of years ago, but was unable to find one. That being the case, I took the plunge and paid Rob (in full) for a new build, yesterday. Here is what I ordered: KingBass Artist, 4-string; Figured walnut facing; Mahogany back; Standard 19mm string spacing; Custom 32" scale with BendWell; Gold Hardware (including knobs); Blue LED’s (front and side), with red LED’s at the 12th position (front and side); Front LEDs placed in standard position down the fingerboard; Schaller strap locks Now the roughly 4 month countdown begins!

Posted by crgny on 29-06-2020 09:41

Is anyone else with an active order having difficulty getting a response from Rob and/or Dawn? I am at about 11 weeks since the order date (4/22) and have sent a couple of emails (starting with June 2nd) inquiring as to progress, but no response, whatsoever. I do not wish to be a "pest" to them, so is it possible I am doing something wrong using either dawn@status-graphite.com or mail@status-graphite.com to reach the shop? Any input anyone may have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Chris

Posted by Garbo28 on 30-06-2020 21:57

crgny wrote: Is anyone else with an active order having difficulty getting a response from Rob and/or Dawn? I am at about 11 weeks since the order date (4/22) and have sent a couple of emails (starting with June 2nd) inquiring as to progress, but no response, whatsoever. I do not wish to be a "pest" to them, so is it possible I am doing something wrong using either dawn@status-graphite.com or mail@status-graphite.com to reach the shop? Any input anyone may have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Chris
Hi Chris, Status currently have staff furloughed, so are running very light at the moment. Just as a measure, it took them 3 months from order to make my standard KB without any bells and whistles and fully staffed. Your new axe has some custom features and plus they are not fully staffed so is likely to take a little while yet. So sit tight, I am sure your bass is being created, it just may take a little while longer to get it finished. Looking forward to seeing some pics when it does arrive.