Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Wanted: Streamline Gig Bag & Hard Case

Posted by leahouse37 on 19-03-2020 21:18

Dear Garbo28, I fully agree. I need to clarify what I want. For me, quality in a gig bag means three things: "not falling apart" "protecting from reasonable bangs, dings and splashes" - which in the worst case would mean "falling off your shoulder onto concrete", and "getting caught in the rain for 30 minutes" and "batting away a pint of beer like water off a duck's back" "comfortable to carry" It's there to protect something that costs the best part of £3,000 ... which is more than I spent on some of my cars. For the flight case, it's more challenging. I'd like one that is recognized by their airlines that didn't weigh a ton. I would look at rifle cases, but for some reason, they attract too much attention at the airports. CadetDirect (who sell the rifle cases) also have a golf case that is approved, and I use this to carry guitars and all my laundry as extra packing. However, it is rather large, and sometimes, you just want a hard case that is one inch larger than the item it is protecting and is full of high density foam. As they used to say to customers who would moan about price when buying a motorcycle helmet "if your head is worth £10, spend up to £10 on a helmet - any more is a wasted investment".

Edited by leahouse37 on 19-03-2020 21:32