Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Stealth 5, headless, fretless!

Posted by Matt Morgan on 04-07-2016 01:43

A little follow up to highlight the quality of Mr. Green's work. My Stealth arrived with a great set-up and really low action. After having some time with it these last couple weeks, I thought I could lower the action by just the tiniest amount in order to get it ridiculously low! I broke out the handy 4mm truss rod wrench, checked the relief on the fingerboard and decided to give the truss rod just a slight turn in order to reduced the relief. I inserted the wrench and initially thought there was something very wrong with the truss rod. The wrench turned with no resistance for the first few turns. I initially had that sickening feeling of "oh no..there's something wrong with my beautiful new bass!!" only to realize after a second that the truss rod was completely slack and was providing no tension on the neck at all. After another 1/4 turn, the truss rod engaged and functioned perfectly. Even without any influence from the truss rod at all, the bass was set up beautifully and sounded fantastic. Now that's a quality instrument!! The strings are now just barely above the fingerboard and the bass has even more fretless "mwah" and growl! I can't say enough about the tone of this instrument. Just amazing. Just thought I'd share another "Status basses are completely awesome" experience.