Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: New Status Fan

Posted by Kenneth Wilson on 09-10-2015 11:55

Hey Status fans, My name is Kenneth Wilson (if that weren't obvious already) and I'm the bassist/producer for a little progressive rock band out of New Orleans called Abigail's Ghost. We recently released our 3rd full length album, Black Plastic Sun, which got me seriously thinking about FINALLY making the leap to a new bass after using my primary instrument, a custom Melancon 5 string, for almost 16 years. I noticed that my intonation across the fretboard was really starting to bother me a bit and I wanted something with a bit more mid range, clarity in the low end, and enough separation to represent the clean chordal and distorted lines that make up the majority of our arrangements. They've grown in scope and complexity and so have my instrument needs. I started looking into all the best bass guitars I could get a my hands on and I ended up falling in love with a Status Graphite Chris Wolstenholme model, so here I am about to get my own custom version trying to decide on the seemingly infinite options. Shock Anyway...I've been lurking on the forums trying to get ideas for my own Status (and hopefully more in the future) and decided to join up and say "hello". Peace, KW

Edited by Kenneth Wilson on 09-10-2015 12:01