Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Charity Auction - Level 42's Mark King

Posted by @mikepbass on 27-06-2011 01:24

Leetav wrote: Hi Mike, yeah I would say so, and I see you have the new gold hardware on your Kingbass?! Wondered where you got it from as my original black hardware is gonna get plated next week!
Hi Lee, hope all is well with you mate. When I first bought the Kingbass the bendwell was cracked at the back as the previous owner had left it by a radiator in the winter. Because of this cosmetic damage I had it at a steal of a price when it was on eBay back in 2006! I sent it to Rob to have the bendwell re moulded and at the same time got him to put all gold hardware on it and upgraded the electronics (meaning you can have the LEDs on without having a jack connected) - this was back in the day when they sold the mono-rail bridges and string retainers online. There's a company called AGM (I think?) that sell the units, but as discussed on here a few weeks back the sizes are different and may not fit on some Kingbasses.