Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: my status won't play anymore...

Posted by olemagnar on 26-04-2006 09:26

thank you Steve, for your kind response. I understand that you are trying to explain to me, how to bypass the jack outlet, in order to find out if the failure is in the jack socket. I tried to touch the +marked point on the circuit board, with the signal cable conected to my amp. This creates a noice similar to when I touch the tip of the cable with my fingers whith the cable connected to the amp., and the amp turned on. I think I should consider asking a technical gifted friend with a multimeter, to try to approach this problem in a more sofisticated way than I am able to..... I am living on the countyside, so it is not easy to get proffessional help on these matters. I love playing my status, but I hate it when it's not working! It has been a pleasure in very many years, and I hope I will be able to solve this, so we can get back in business, me and my bass. I am not quite sure what bass I have.... But I think it is from the 2000 series. There is no such information written on it, and it is many years old, and I don't know where I put the documents which followed the bass when I bought it.... 5 string, bolt on neck, bright switch, bass boost, treble boost, volume control and balance control between pickups. Tried to take a picture of it with my mobile, but too bad quality. Will try to take a picture later with a digital camera.