Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: The Alembic Debate

Posted by Mattheus on 16-07-2008 23:53

To add my personal experience to the Alembic way of life; In '86 I ordered my first Alembic bass, a Spoiler in the Original Body Style. When it finally came I was totally blown away by its sounds and the way it was build. I had some exclusive basses prior to the Alembic, but the Alembic was something unbelievable. Very soon after that bass I ordered my second Alembic, the real thing; A Series II! After a very long wait it finally came and again it was something very stunning. Except for one thing; it was a complex bass. Onstage I was more busy with tweaking sounds than with just plain playing bass. The Series II has so many sounds onboard, it's almost unbelievable. And freaky as I was, I always was tweaking untill I found the right bass-sounds for the right songs. In the studio that's very cool, but onstage .... It also bothered me that I couldn't use the Series II bass wireless. And so I ended up playing the Spoiler OBS onstage and the Series II stayed at home. Finally I sold the Series II, because I didn't use the bass a lot. A few years later I went the the Musik Messe in Franfurt (Germany) and some English pal pushed a headless bass in my hands and since then...