I'm a full Status member! :D

Last updated on 18 years ago
M
MrWalker
Posted 18 years ago
The Status Shark arrived today. It was terribly set up. I had to tighten the truss rod up a bit, and lower the strings significantly. Threw on it a new set of strings, and plugged it in.

The sound is full and round. It doesn't produce the "bite" of a Jazz bass, of course, but it still sounds very full. I'm pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. Some hizz when touching the chrome-covered pickup, so there's probably some grounding problems.

The bass has seen some action, and the seller wasn't quite honest about that. But that's only cosmetics anyway. The scratchplate is a bit flimsy, so I'll consider getting a new made in more solid material. But no rush.

The neck is wide and flat, and the back side is completely flat in the middle. Haven't seen this profile before, but it's definately comfortable. The body shape is also very comfortable, and the bass balances perfectly.

All in all, for the amount I paid, I think it's a very good bass.
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Congrats on the new Shark. :D

Rob
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Glad it arrived OK and that you are happy with it.

Some pictures would be good.;)
M
MrWalker
Posted 18 years ago

status wrote:
Glad it arrived OK and that you are happy with it.

Some pictures would be good.;)

will take some photos and put it up under the "Show off..." forum. :D It's got some wear marks

Yeah, I'm happy with it. I always liked flat and wide necks, and this one definately fits the bill. I think I'd like a bridge pickup, though, so I will have to consider adding that. But for the price, it's a killer bass. :D

Minimal fretware, very even and well-done fretjob overall, and can be adjusted for really low action. That's a real plus in my book.

I've strung it E-C and it sounds really nice, especially in the upper registers. Round and full. Lovely with a tiny bit of chorus on it. :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.