STILL SEARCHING FOR A STATUS BUZZARD I

Last updated on 18 years ago
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
Guys,
it is really hard to get one.
So: I am still urgently interested in a Status Buzzard I , both 4 and 8 string.
I am willing to trade in to my Alembic Spyder 4, Spyder 8 or custom Dragon Wing or pay cash.
There was one member out of this forum who had offered one for sale, but unfortunately refused.
I need them urgently to play with our WHO tribute band WHO ARE YOU on stage.
Many thanks for viewing.

Oliver (still Spyderman)
chuckamok63chuckamok63
Posted 18 years ago
Hey! I apologised, I simply changed my mind about selling, and you didn't exactly offer much versus what I have into the instrument. I would have lost money shipping it back to Europe.:)
-Chuck
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Have you put up wanted notices on ebay?
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
Hey Steve,
yep, different times now but without any results.
I know of two beeing around for sale, but for really astronomical sums....
Many thanks for your ongoing help.

Oliver
B
boris_spyder
Posted 18 years ago
I think the reality of the situation is that you have to plan to spend between minimum $20K US and $50K to get one now. Only 46 made and at least 10 of those at the Hard Rock or with collectors,,they are scarce!! To pry one loose you'll have to make someone an offer they can't refuse.
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
Irwin,
as said before I have two offers at the moment, one is asking USD 20000, the other one USD 25000. Too much money for me as I want to play this bass on stage.
BUT, Rob had just confirmed to me that he likes the design sketches I gave him on the new possible B3 designs.
So maybe we will see an all-graphite B again in the future?!
Oliver
Paul_CPaul_C
Posted 18 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Now's your chance Oliver! Assuming it comes within your budget of course!!!
B
boris_spyder
Posted 18 years ago
Thats interesting...lets see where it goes. I'm curious about the instrument & it's connection with Entwistle. It says "set up by John". Entwistle did set up his own basses, but I'm sure where this one is from. It wasn't from the Sothebys auction. Also, the bridge is the newer one that I don't think was used until after 2001 or 02? I'm not sure when Rob switched to this bridge. The pick ups are the pre-2002 hyperactives with the 3 set screws not the current 2. I wonder when it was built?
RichRich
Posted 18 years ago
It's genuine. Check the seller's other auction (the Hiwatt amp), there are big clues there as to who the seller's "company" are.
I'm not some sort of drug-taking alcoholic git.
I'm just a git.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
The Buzzard looks great but if I brought it my wife would remove delicate parts of my anatomy with a blunt carving knife! :o:(

Hope it goes to a good home where it will be played. Hopefully the home of one of our members.
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Im off out to get some lotto tickets....:D
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
Guys,
I can bring some clearing light into this. Well I must say that I don´t have that much money for this bass. I played this particular bass during my visit at this years Frankfurt Music Fair.It is said that the bass was set up by John and the action was really one of the best I have ever seen. The bass is owned by a prominent person. This bass was never in the posession of John Entwistle. Originally the seller had offered this bass to me one year ago as a bass that was owned by John Entwistle. I checked back then with Rob and he confirmed that this bass was never owned by John as this particular bass was given from Rob to this person as a gift for promotional help he had done for Rob.
I felt very fooled back then and now I see that this person is putting this on ebay although he had promised me to give me a first note until he would sell it.
Well guys, as said, this is too much money in my opinion for this bass, or better said, for me.
I want to play this bass on stage and I don´t want to carry a 10K GBP bass around.
Oliver
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Oliver, you have obviously done your research which is very sensible given the price these are going for. I have the bass in my watch list for curiosity rather than any intention to buy it and I think it as about twice what the price should be. There is a rarity value to them so they ought to attract a premium on the new price.
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Yet you may need to accept that you wont get one cheap. Anyone with a Status Buzzard will know what they are worth now
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
The Buzzard on ebay is going to sell for at least £10,000 as there is now a bid on it! Looks like a legit bidder as well.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
SOLD for £10,000.

Was it someone on here that bought it?
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
Guys,
not me. This is really too much money for me. As said, I do want to play that bass on stage and I rather would not be that relaxed taking out a 10K axe on the stage....
If there will be no BI for me at a reasonable price there will be not BI for me using on stage. It is a shame that so many B1s are in the hands of collectors or the HRC and will not be played anymore. It looks like this buyer of the actual one also bought Johns Hiwatt "THE OX" amp, also for 10K. So I assume that this will be a collector too.
Poor axes only beeing hung at the wall......
Oliver
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Yeah it is a shame if it doesn't used. Those Buzzards were made to be played!
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
John,
yep, I had owned a Warwick JE Limited 2003 with serial number 3 which was pretty horrible. Yesterday I played one of the first Warwick Buzzards with serial number 120 from 1986. The neck was far better than on the new ones, but the sound is really very bassy and doesn´t show the crisp that the Statii have. Also my Alembics have been far better ( I did own an Alembic Spyder 4 and still own an Alembic Spyder 8, which is also for sale) but the Alembics are really to heavy for me. So I really don´t know what bass to take as an alternative. I play my B2 mainly at the moment, but I need something more spectacular.....
Oliver
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator