Tone Pot Problem - Request for Assistance

Last updated on 17 years ago
g4ui83tp2g4ui83tp2
Posted 17 years ago
Hoping one of the experts out there may be able to help. I have a Status SmartBass 4 string with two soapbar pickups and passive circuit. The bass is completely as it left the factory. Over the last month or three the tone pot has become noisier and noisier in operation (the usual switch crackle) and last night I noticed that it is no longer producing any EQ change at all (it behaves as if there is no treble rolloff to my ear). Is there any way I can treat the pot which might make it recover, or do I need to replace the pot? I note that the pot is marked as 250K and the capacitor is marked 33n J100. Can I get replacements on the open market or can I get them from the factory (can't find parts on their web site)? Any info gratefully received. Nick S
Vintage Retroactive 4 Passive > Boss ME 50B > SWR SM900 > Epifani 210UL + 115UL.
JimboJimbo
Posted 17 years ago
Hi Nick,

Sorry I can't offer any advice on your pot but it might be worth a call to Rob.

As for their web site, if you click on the 'On-Line Shop' link on the menu then select 'Spare Parts', you will see a section for 'Pots, Switches....'
g4ui83tp2g4ui83tp2
Posted 17 years ago
Jimbo, thanks for the advice. After leaving a message on the Status Graphite site and giving them a call I got some wonderful service with an email response from Rob, and Dawn sent out a replacement pot with capacitor already attached which arrived the next day - superb. Everyone at Status was considerate, helpful and friendly, especially as I bought the bass second hand. Many other suppliers would have been far less forthcoming in these circumstances. Full marks in my view. Nick S
Vintage Retroactive 4 Passive > Boss ME 50B > SWR SM900 > Epifani 210UL + 115UL.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Glad to hear their normal excellent service is continuing.
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Do you think they'd still have the pots used on the S2000's? Trebble is getting quite crackly
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
g4ui83tp2g4ui83tp2
Posted 17 years ago
This is on the "spares" page of their on-line shop:

http://www.status-graphite.com/status...frame1.htm

but I think they have a greater range available on request. Nick S
Edited by andre on 02-12-2006 22:33, 17 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator