Last updated on 5 years ago
R
rockandroller
Posted 5 years ago
Any John Entwistle fans here? :)

Probably the finest strings in the world
Developed and handmade in Germany from the finest
materials and for highest tonal demands

Developed and handmade in Germany from the finest materials and for highest tonal demands. This series reflects our 90-year tradition of string manufacture. The result is a string of unmatched premium quality. All strings are coated with real 24 carat Gold and are therefore completely insensitive to tarnishing or corrosion. Their durability is, compared to normal strings, up to three times higher and they are suitable for people allergic to nickel. GOLD STRINGS are characterized by a brilliant sound and the typical SOUND OF GOLD, which was also loved by John Entwistle. And of course, also Brian May plays on his guitars OPTIMA GOLD STRINGS. All strings of this series can also be manufactured as Double Ball version with a 20% surcharge.

I have six sets of these in double-ball-end, NEW OLD STOCK fresh out of a warehouse.

three sets 40-55-75-95 (2199)

three sets 45-60-80-100 (2299)

TESTED! I took one set of each gauge and tried them on my brand new Status streamline for three minutes.
Took them off, wiped them down and carefully returned to package.

These are super bright strings but the sound is just a little too "in-your-face-midrange" for my personal taste.
(Super rock and roll strings, but on this bass I prefer the more scooped sound of the hotwires it came with.)

Yours for USD 40 per set, plus postage

==========================

ALSO, one set of (brand new) LaBella S500L Stainless Steel Flatwound double-ball-end. Again, tried on the Streamline for 3 minutes, wiped them down and carefully returned to package. Yours for USD 30, plus postage...
Edited by rockandroller on 13-01-2019 19:35, 5 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator