Newbie from the Netherlands

Last updated on 6 years ago
JeroenJeroen
Posted 6 years ago
Hi everyone! I've been on board since last June, but I haven't properly introduced myself yet. My name is Jeroen, 34 years old, from the Netherlands. I've been playing bass probably for about 15 years now. I've played in a few bands, from dark Nick Cave-like pop noir and murder ballads (with The Bullfight) to modern, melodic, female fronted metal with heavy pop influences. Currently my only band is left incomplete. Our singer had a 4th child on the way and just didn't have enough time anymore, and our lead guitarist left for Oxford for 3 years after he finished his chemistry PhD and won't be back soon. I'm mostly playing at home now, or jamming with the remaining guitarist and drummer. We've been struggling to find a new singer and haven't given up yet, though we're not putting as much effort into it anymore either... It's still good fun though, thankfully.

I've been drawn to Status ever since I saw a beautiful, bright white S2 Classic with Roman numeral inlays for sale on Leftybass.com. I had heard of the brand, and had seen Buzzards, Kingbasses and S2's before, but I knew nothing about them. But I knew I needed to have that bass, it had so much appeal! I was too late though... Last May, after 11 years, it popped back up! This time I didn't hesitate. I was still intrigued by its clean looks and the beautiful combination of the pure white body and all-black fingerboard with the striking Buzzard-style Roman numerals. It took some time for it to arrive all the way from Israel (!) but it was well worth the wait. It's one of the most comfortable basses I've ever played, it looks even more stunning in person, and it is in excellent condition for its age! It has the old Hyperactive soapbars and a Board 300 preamp. Ever since I started playing it, I knew I had to have a 5-string too...

...which popped up on basschat.co.uk not much later, in September. It's a 2012 S2 Classic bolt-on with a poplar body in black metallic, with a Board 303 preamp, which belonged to lefty008 (Rob) on this forum. It has been my go-to bass ever since!

images2.imgbox.com/7b/b7/Nt0tET6o_o.jpg images2.imgbox.com/1a/f0/2ji9SKxd_o.jpg
Lefty

S2 Classic 5-string headless, black sparkle
S2 Classic 4-string headless, pure white, Roman numeral inlays
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
Welcome welcome!

Lovely basses. Strange seeing them left handed!

You're safe here... We don't judge!

:D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
L
LucienLaTulipe
Posted 6 years ago
Yup, I was thinking there was something special for a moment before realizing the basses were simply left handed!

Nice instruments for a first come here, congrats!
JeroenJeroen
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks!
Lefty

S2 Classic 5-string headless, black sparkle
S2 Classic 4-string headless, pure white, Roman numeral inlays
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
Yup, very nice, it is stunning too!
Don't worry about the singer, go avant gaurde fusion instrumental band :D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator