StealthII meets the Gamelan (Hello from Indonesia!)

Last updated on 8 years ago
E
Erwin
Posted 8 years ago
Heii all,
this is my latest work with my project "WAYBE ethnicjam".
the piece is called "Ujung Wetan" in english means "Far East", featuring the sounds of Rebana, traditional instruments from the city of Banyuwangi in eastern part of Java island in Indonesia...... Hope you all like it!

[movie=youtube]E0cwUMFsJgI[/movie]
Ohh... the chopping solo is on 3:36.... as usual, SHE NAILED IT!!! ;)

UPDATE:

"Balinesse"
[movie=youtube]7iKuDgGaUik[/movie]
Check out the studio take at https://soundcloud.com/waybeethnicjam.../balinesse , the kecak singing sounds richer with Chinesse Arhu on the melody.....

"Dusk of Segara Kidul"
[movie=youtube]TOhOcV3Kr3c[/movie]

"Maskumambang"
[movie=youtube]YWB-bXkzEEs[/movie]
LED is ONN!! :D
Edited by Erwin on 15-09-2016 23:29, 8 years ago
JibudoJibudo
Posted 8 years ago
Congratulations, wonderful work. We need more of this "reviving traditional music with a touch of modernity" rather then the same copying of international sucesses. Keep on the good music!

And by the way, would you mind to share the recording settings for your bass, strings, pickup position, preamp(s), compression, etc..?

Thank you
"Si se usa distorsión en este instrumento (bajo), el sonido se oye como la voz del diablo cuando está borracho."
E
Erwin
Posted 8 years ago
Thankyou for liking it Jibudo ....

The setting is just plain StealthII into D.I, into mixing console, and a Fender Bassman 150 for monitor ....don’t even remember what kind of D/I they provide me ;) nothing fancy as I recall.
For this song (Ujung Wetan) I think I put the pick up position at the centre, cut the mid, boost the trebs all the way open (quite typical to execute the slapping, especially when your strings is just too old :D). Strings is D’Addario XL nickel wound, usually I use the ProSteels on my Status, but unfortunately strings availability is a bit limited here.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
lovely piece of music. No need to apologise for anything when you can produce something of that quality.
Posted 8 years ago
this is very nice!

:D()
E
Erwin
Posted 8 years ago

Bassbus wrote:
lovely piece of music. No need to apologise for anything when you can produce something of that quality.

THanks Bassbus...!
Definitely feel much5x better :)
E
Erwin
Posted 8 years ago
Thankyou so much for all who likes it…..
just update the first post, now it has 4 complete videos of our "@Gamelan Center" project…… hope you guys enjoy it!

check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/waybeethnicjam, your likes will means soooo much for us :)

also our Soundcloud is at www.soundlcloud.com/waybeethnicjam it's all downloadable there...

Regards from here!
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 8 years ago
Thanks Erwin,

Lovely Music & Playing --- Shows what a Beautiful thing Music is & how Wonderful the World can be...

Fantastic Status Bass too

Brendan
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator