S2 Headless bolt-on

Last updated on 7 years ago
P
phatbass30
Posted 8 years ago
I've been in touch with Rob and Dawn for few days now discussing about ordering a 5 Strings headless bolt on S2.

I was gonna go for mahogany body with walnut center block and curly maple for facing. But I asked Dawn if they have something in stock that I could purchase right away. After checking she found a same specs that I want but with a cocobolo facing (custom option). And it will be ready to ship in 3 weeks! Yeay! I'm waiting right now for some pictures so I could see the color of the wood so I could match the hardware that I will put.

I'm so excited and terrified at the same time. I live in Thailand and the shipping is expensive plus the duty tax when it arrives here. So excited to finally own a status bass but the payment is a lot! lol!

So for you guys who owns a status, Is it really worth the wait and money? I'm not saying I don't trust Rob or status bass. I just wanna hear your opinions and experiences while waiting and after receiving the bass. Just to calm my senses and my excitement. lol

Many thanks

Cheers
Current Basses:
Sadowsky MV5 with Nordstrand pickups and preamp
Fender American Deluxe 5 with Nordstrand pickups and preamp
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Last year I ordered an S3 with a couple of custom options. The face veneer was to be tinted so I left it in their trusty hands not knowing how that colour would turn out. When it arrived it was exactly as I had hoped it would be and the bass is still the best fretted bass I have ever played.

Yes you are taking a chance from so far but I, and the rest of us, can assure you that your bass is in good hands.

And a three week wait time... :o
P
phatbass30
Posted 8 years ago

Bassbus wrote:
Last year I ordered an S3 with a couple of custom options. The face veneer was to be tinted so I left it in their trusty hands not knowing how that colour would turn out. When it arrived it was exactly as I had hoped it would be and the bass is still the best fretted bass I have ever played.

Yes you are taking a chance from so far but I, and the rest of us, can assure you that your bass is in good hands.

And a three week wait time... :o

Thanks for the very positive input. :)
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Lol, seriously dude, they've been doing it a long time, they know the standard and expectations, don't worry, you'll be blown away!
P
phatbass30
Posted 8 years ago

Danny wrote:
Lol, seriously dude, they've been doing it a long time, they know the standard and expectations, don't worry, you'll be blown away!

i totally believe what you said dude. it's just a mixed feeling because i never had a Status before. this will be the first one. and i'm very picky with tones, i'm hoping that it will match my likings. :)
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
P
phatbass30
Posted 8 years ago
Did the deposit today.

Just basic bolt on headless 5 strings with mahogany body and walnut center block. Curly maple facing and black hardwares.

Now the waiting game begins! ;)
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
P
phatbass30
Posted 8 years ago
Hey guys, it's my first time to made an order. It's been a week now and I haven't received my order confirmation email. Is that a normal process? And will they start the bass in production even if I haven't received the order confirmation yet? I've no worries about status because they're very nice to me. I just want some clarification. Thanks for any infos.
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
I'd drop them a line if you need confirmation, even just to set your mind at rest. If I remember correctly they only start a build when the deposit has been paid.
P
phatbass30
Posted 8 years ago

Bassbus wrote:
I'd drop them a line if you need confirmation, even just to set your mind at rest. If I remember correctly they only start a build when the deposit has been paid.

thanks for this reply. i made the deposit last week so i guess they have started with my bass by this time. well i really hope so. :)
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
Posted 8 years ago
never regret owning a status!
P
phatbass30
Posted 8 years ago
Got the order confirmation email from Rob today. So happy and excited! 6-8 weeks baby! Hahaha!
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
P
phatbass30
Posted 7 years ago
The best email of the week!

i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o597/phatbass30/IMG_1603_zpsadkl1lw1.jpg
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
P
Pragmatist
Posted 7 years ago
I'm hoping for an email like that around December
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 7 years ago
It is the best feeling in the world when you get 'that e-mail' from Rob and Dawn. I rang then straight back and was lucky to arrange an appointment to pick mine up from the factory. All my birthdays came early that day. I was staring at all the stock in the workshop, when unnoticed Rob had placed this bass on his bench, it took me a few seconds to realise it was mine and wow. Cant get that feeling from buying a Squire in your local music shop :)
P
phatbass30
Posted 7 years ago
thank you guys for chiming in. it'll come out for shipping by thursday or friday. i know what you guys feel now! i'm like a kid waiting for a christmas toy! very early christmas toy! :)
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
P
phatbass30
Posted 7 years ago
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
P
phatbass30
Posted 7 years ago
i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o597/phatbass30/FullSizeRender%2013_zpshm4hvbkp.jpg
Current Basses:
Yamaha TRB 5PII

YouTube.com/phatbass37
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator