1998 SE Trace Elliot T-bass 5 String (SOLD)

Last updated on 8 years ago
C
cecoulter
Posted 8 years ago
[b][/b]I have a 1998 Trace Elliot T-Bass Special Edition for sale. It is #30 out of 50. I am asking 1850 US Dollars plus shipping. Pay Pal only.
I am located in Los Angeles, CA, but I am wiling to ship to the UK (at buyer's expense.
It is in candy apple red. This bass originally came with the alnico vintage pickups but I had them professionally changed to the new Status jazz style pickups made for the current Status T-bass. I bought the pickups directly from Status Graphite and it was a significant improvement on the bass. It sounds better than most T-basses. This specific model did not have the third "hum-cancelling" pickup underneath the pick guard.
It is in very good condition. Please see the pics for a few light scratches and scuffs. The Bass was mostly played in church for a couple of years then just sat in my closet. Always well cared for. It is currently strung with Status Hotwires 45-130 strings. This bass sounds amazing and I will miss it dearly.
I played this bass a few times with performaces with Alex Acuna (Percussionist from Weather Report) and he began telling everyone that this is the best bass he has ever heard. Abraham Laboriel even got my phone number and called me and asked about this great bass that Alex told him about!!!!!
I will miss this bass dearly!
I am selling it because I am mostly playing upright bass these days and this bass has not been used in years.
Shipping from zip code 91355.
I will do an excellent job of packing it.
Pay Pal only.
I have the receipt of the sale of the J type pickups directly from Status Graphite. They are the pickups that are used on the new T-Bass.
I have the original Certificate of Authenticity for this bass from Trace Elliot Corporation.

Here's the specs...

Model.................. T-Bass 5-String -1998 Special Edition.
Body Wood........... Tulipwood.
Finish................... Polyester - Candy Apple Red.
Neck construction... 3 Piece Maple/Graphite Inserts.
Circuit................... Status Board-700.
Pickups.................. Vintage Alnico (Changes to modern Status "J" hum-cancelling pickups

'T' Bass Active Circut:
Bridge Pickup Volume
Neck Pickup Volume
Active Circut - Treble/Bass,Cut/Boost Contols
(Treble +/- 12 dB at 5KHz, Bass +/- 12 dB at 100 Hz).
True Active/Passive Switch.
The control layout is...
Neck Vol. Control
Bridge Vol. Control
Treble Cut/ Boost Control and
Bass Cut/ Boost

Here is a link to some pictures of it
https://flic.kr/s/aHskuY2kbk

Thanks for Looking!

-Chris
cecoulter@me.com
-Chris
2000 Status Eclipse Custom 5-String
2008 Status Smart Bass 5-String Fretless
1992 Status S-1 Bolt-on 5 String
1993 Yamaha TRB 5
1930's German Upright Bass
2012 NS Design CR4T Electric Upright Bass
Edited by cecoulter on 07-06-2016 11:08, 8 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
https://flic.kr/s/aHskuY2kbk

That's real nice, don't see many!
Edited by andre on 05-05-2016 05:15, 8 years ago
pslhpslh
Posted 8 years ago
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 8 years ago
Not sure that your 'T' bass is a Special edition. I have the 4 string 'T' bass special edition which has "Special Edition 1996" stamped into the Mother of pearl square inlay on the maple neck.100 of these Special editions were made in four and five string versions. I have 045 I also have a picture of the certificate of authenticity from 'T' bass 051 stating only 100 were made. Mark King has the 5 string version, his is 047. The SE doesn't have a rosewood fretboard as far as I'm aware it's natural maple. Unless anyone else has info regarding the SE version ???. (Pics of my SE available)
C
cecoulter
Posted 8 years ago
Hello Blunderthumbs,
Thanks for your post. I believe there were two Special Editions. One in 1996 (the one you have) and the 1998 (which was the last year they were made). I will post a pic of the certificate. The main characteristc of mine being a SE is that it has the matching red headstock (none of the others ever did) and it does not have third hum-cancelling pickup under the scratch plate (all others did).
The 1998 SE editions were all in candy apple red color as well.
I believe I still have an old TE catalog as well as the Certificate of authenticity on this.
-Chris
1993 Yamaha TRB 5
Posted 8 years ago
Hi Chris. Thanks for the info. You learn something everyday. I didn't know there was another SE released in 98.If yours is anything like mine It certainly is a beast of a bass and probably becoming a bit collectible. I bought mine for a great price £750 and it is a pristine example in Seafoam Green. Only snag though was it didn't have the Hiscox, Trace Elliot 'T' bass branded case. Nevertheless It is a bass I would be gutted to have to sell. Hope you get a buyer for yours soon or better still keep it, you may regret letting it go.
Ian. ;)
C
cecoulter
Posted 8 years ago
BUMP and Price Drop to $1650!
-Chris
1993 Yamaha TRB 5
C
cecoulter
Posted 8 years ago
BUMP
Last bump before it goes to E-bay....
-Chris
1993 Yamaha TRB 5
Posted 8 years ago
Don't put it on EBay. It's a bloody rip off. You'll give them a SHIT load of Fees. 10% for EBay and 3.5% for Paypal. That will be over $200 you are giving them if you sell it for your asking price. :o
C
cecoulter
Posted 8 years ago
Offers, Anyone? It is an amazing bass!
-Chris
1993 Yamaha TRB 5
C
cecoulter
Posted 8 years ago
This bass has been sold.
Thanks!
-Chris
1993 Yamaha TRB 5
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator