Import Costs of a New Status to the US

Last updated on 8 years ago
J
Joshua Pickenpaugh
Posted 8 years ago
Please forgive me if this has been covered, but I can't find anything via a forum or Google search.

What would be the tax/duty/any extra charges incurred when ordering a new Status and having it shipped to the US? Perhaps you could forward me to a previous thread or site regarding such? Any anecdotes that anyone has about this process is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
I recon that Dawn lady at the factory would have ALL the relevant information for you.

Just give her a quick call and she'll help!!

;)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
H
hackenbacker
Posted 8 years ago
I'm sure Dawn would help, but my view is that you should probably be looking at US Government websites to calculate what you will be charged based on whatever the export price of your bass is.
Rob GreenRob Green
Posted 8 years ago
Hi Joshua,
Basses and guitars have a US duty tariff of 5%. (# 9207 90 1000).
Necks and parts are 2.7%. (#9209 94 8000).

We normally ship via FedEx and include all shipping and insurance charges in the total cost.
FedEx would get in touch with you directly re the duty charges.

I hope this helps. Rob.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator