Ashdown BTA200

Last updated on 9 years ago
MertonMerton
Posted 9 years ago
For Sale only : Ashdown BTA200

I'm in no hurry to sell this and frankly I don't NEED to, it's just in trying to be sensible. 3 amps is overkill for me (for most people?!) and this one is ridiculously OTT for my current band situations. That said, l love it to bits, it makes me grin like a loon every time I switch it on and for that reason alone I'm not interested in any offers or trades thanks.

Anyhoo, what is it?

The BTA (Big Tube Amp) originally launched in three variants: 200, 300 and 400. Funnily enough the numbers refer to the RMS wattage. The preamp is the Ashdown ABM EVO III, so solid state with a valve drive stage, 7 band EQ, single knob compression and sub harmonics. The power amp is all valve, in this case 6x6550s. Mark Gooday told me only around 20 of the 200W variants were ever made, so this is pretty rare!

It sounds IMMENSE. In a blindfold test between this and an ABM, both set flat, the BTA has that indescribable "heft" only a valve power stage can produce and whilst the ABM gets close, you can tell the difference. Set everything flat, no compression or silly sub harmonics, a bit of valve drive and you're in tonal nirvana. Or at least, I am....

It's heavy (35kg). It's big (W610 x D330 x H362mm). But it's bloody great.

In excellent nick except an indentation of a three-pin mains plug on one side, and one bolt cap (holding chassis to wooden sleeve) is missing. Comes with a 4mm padded RoqSolid cover.

merton.bitd.co.uk/basses/BTA1.jpg

merton.bitd.co.uk/basses/BTA2.jpg

merton.bitd.co.uk/basses/BTA3.jpg

merton.bitd.co.uk/basses/BTA4.jpg

merton.bitd.co.uk/basses/BTA5.jpg

merton.bitd.co.uk/basses/BTA6.jpg

£750 collected
Shipping to mainland UK £35
Shipping further afield on request :)
www.bitd.co.uk
merton.bitd.co.uk
Retroactive J / Ashdown amplification and BarefacedBass cabs
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator