John east

Last updated on 5 years ago
J
Jacko
Posted 9 years ago
Hi
Did any one try to upgrade their status bass with a john east pre-amp?
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
I have J- and U-Retro pre amps. not in a Status though. Really good, loads of power for a 9v power supply. Not really any downside to them for me. Often thought the U-Retro would be a good upgrade for a Status Energy.
J
Jacko
Posted 9 years ago
I have a u retro on my new Marleaux and was wondering if I could do the same on an S2
Will I need to change the PUs?
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
I can't think of one good reason why you would want replace the pre amp in an S2. For me there would be no advantage whatsoever.
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 9 years ago

Bassbus wrote:
I can't think of one good reason why you would want replace the pre amp in an S2. For me there would be no advantage whatsoever.

Big +1

B
J
Jacko
Posted 9 years ago
Have u guys tried a bass loaded with a john east?
J
Jacko
Posted 9 years ago
Are pickups on the s2 passive or active?
J
Jacko
Posted 9 years ago
Are pickups on the s2 passive or active?
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 9 years ago
From what I know the Status pickups are passive.

I have the East pre in another bass and it's powerful and flexible indeed, but I would never change the electrics on a Status S2...
S
Slapmonsta
Posted 9 years ago
I have a J Retro in my Stat-jazz,and had a U Retro in my old 4000.It was simply night and day compared to the original electronics.It's now in my Jaydee,and once again,its night and day compared to the original electronics.
The advantage of the East over the original S2 electronics would be the sweepable midrange and the "true passive" mode.
If I'm honest(as someone who's owned an S2) I would say the the East pre has the edge..its horses for courses at the end of the day..bit like arguing about "Audi or Merc"..you're getting a quality product.
Hope that helps :-)
S
steve-bbb
Posted 5 years ago
had a uni-pre in my matrix energy - great if you want it for studio work but a beast on steroids if you want it for gigging - the east circuits are very good and extremly well made but for controlability gigging i am going back to the original BP1 status board after refurbing the pots
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator