Compare bass heads,cabs..

Last updated on 17 years ago
X
xsoqbass
Posted 18 years ago
Hi guys,
I would like to hear comments from anyone with experience of Eden, Genz Benz heads cabs.
I have been offered an Eden WT800 head at a great price, I demoed a 550 in a shop with a 4x10xt cab last year with my Series 2 custom and was blown away with the tone clarity and overall dynamics how loud and deep it woulg remains to be seen.
Heres the rub..last week demoed a Genz Benz 600 head with Genz 4x10 cab..and was VERY impressed..and the cost is about a 3rd less than the Eden stuff (here in Australia).
Any views on the strenghts/ weaknesses of the Eden or Genz...or any other similar stuff would be welcomed..BTW I do like heavy controlled bottom end, smooth lower mids and highs.
2x4x10 or 4x10 and 1x15?????

Cheers
Tony:D
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I haven't tried the WT800 myself but have heard nothing but rave reviews from others that have them.
4-string4-string
Posted 17 years ago
I'm VERY pleased with my Eden WT-600 Roadrunner, which is basically the same as the WT-800 only with smaller power amp sections (2x300 watts vs 2x400 watts).

It's very easy to get good tone thru it, it is sturdy, and has plenty of options. The DI is excellent. My only complaint is that minimum load in bridged mode is 8 Ohms.

I have an Ashdown MAG 4x10 and an Eden 1x18, btw.

I'm not familiar with Genz at all, so I can't compare.
Edited by 4-string on 22-11-2006 11:30, 17 years ago
B
bassertoon
Posted 17 years ago
I played trough an eden WT800 the other ay with dutch vanderkley speakers.
Didn't like it very much with my status eclipse, but I didn't have the time to find the right tone maybe.
I recently bought a used TVM 600 with passive 3 band eq.
I put everything at 12 รณ clock switch on and sounded great!
sound changes for sperate songs I do on the bass eq. now.
also have a peavey T-Max, also very good, I use 1x12 + 2x10 +horn
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator