Level 42 Royal Albert Hall

Last updated on 17 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Well i just got back from the gig (probably the first as i live just round the corner) and it was great!!!

Really cool to meet Andre & Chris & Trev (again) & Steve and great to see Rob & Dawn. A good giggle was had by all!

:D

Oh, and the band were pretty damn hot too!!!

Rob signed the back of Mrs. moo 2

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/DSC00799.jpg

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/DSC00796.jpg

Now before you all go rushing to get him to sign your basses, this wasn't cheap. This cost me the majority of my dignity!! :(

He's also getting the backplate of Mrs. moo 1 signed by Mark... yay :D

Great fun

A very big thank you to Andre for organising the tickets and refusing to take any money for them... Thank you buddy.

I think there should be some more photos from people soon

Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
In case there is any doubt :o Rob really did sign MrsMoo2 ;)

Was great to see everyone and we should do this again sometime !!!
You do not have access to view attachments
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
It was indeed a very good evening. Rob and Dawn were really friendly and spent loads of time chatting to us.

Was great to meet TheMoo and Steve and to see Andre and Trev again.

Trust me Mrs Moo 2 looks even better in the flesh (wood) than in any of the photos on here. Simply stunning and the depth of the finish is incredible. Can't wait to see Steve's Series 2 when it is finished. Hopefully we may see some in progress shots as well. HINT HINT. ;)

Mark King's bass playing was again a masterclass in how to play incredibly fast and accurate slap and fingerstyle bass. How he can pay 16th notes for a whole song while zooming up and down the neck with his left hand and singing is beyond me! :o

Hope everyone got home safely and thanks again to Andre for organising the evening and for his generosity. What a top bloke! B)
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 18 years ago
Sorry I missed you guys but I got held up at work.... so I never got there till about 8.30.... good show though... apart form the two phsycotic women dancing in front of me....

Mr P
Essex..... Home of the Bass!!!!

UK Award Winning Wedding/Function Band:www.5catfish.com

HOT SAUCE Disco/Funk/Rare Groove covers band:www.HotSauceDisco.com

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/JayCramphorneavt.jpg
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

misterpink wrote:
good show though... apart form the two phsycotic women dancing in front of me....

That was themoo and Steve in drag! ;)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

status wrote:

misterpink wrote:
good show though... apart form the two phsycotic women dancing in front of me....

NO!!! :@

Not unless they were holding hands :D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 18 years ago
Wish I was there...Anyone going to the gig in Munich on 11.11 ?
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
What a good night we had, nice to see every one & nice to meet Rob & Dawn,

here are some photos
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/L42_RAH/rah.jpg

Steve, Moo & Mrs Moo
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/L42_RAH/moo_outside.jpg

Photo opportunity with Mrs Moo,
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/L42_RAH/photo_op1.jpg

Photo opportunity with Rob
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/L42_RAH/photo_op2.jpg

Andre give Mrs Moo as good quality check
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/L42_RAH/andre_moo.jpg
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

themoo wrote:

status wrote:
[quote]misterpink wrote:

What can I say! Sorry if my furry hat got in the way.

Anyway - Great gig and it was nice to meet you all, and Rob & Dawn... Nice to see the woman I've terrorised with phonecalls and stupid emails.

Hopefully there will be another meeting at some stage. And Trev, that photo of Moo and me is terrible!
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

Steve wrote: And Trev, that photo of Moo and me is terrible!

Im very good at taking bad photos of people, its a special s**** I have taken years to perfect :D

How did you get on on your tour of the bass shops?
Edited by G-77 on 21-10-2006 10:12, 18 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
O no I've been censored, seems you cant write the word s****, hang on that will be s k i l l
Edited by G-77 on 21-10-2006 10:14, 18 years ago
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
S****

*laughs loudly* So you can't.
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

Edited by Steve on 21-10-2006 10:16, 18 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
it must mean something different in Swiss :o
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Bollocks!!

Yay... that works!! My new favorite word then!

Edited by moo on 21-10-2006 12:11, 18 years ago
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Found a couple of good pics from the gig here ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64842674...42674@N00/ and here -> http://www.level42.150m.com/rah1.html
Edited by andre on 22-10-2006 18:56, 18 years ago
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
:O That last picture with Andre and Mrs Moo II looks like she's fretless! Even more gorgeous, naturally.
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

andre wrote:
Found a couple of good pics from the gig here ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64842674...42674@N00/ and here -> http://www.level42.150m.com/rah1.html

In the flickr photo number 57 MK looks like he needs a gallon of Red Bull to wake him up!

Some good shots of the gig though. I noticed there were no video cameras about so I assume there will be no DVD. Shame that as it is a great venue and the light show was pretty good as well. None of the sound issues from the CD either.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago

G-77 wrote:
it must mean something different in Swiss :o

Ah ha! And now for some more detailed information:
There are four national languages in Switzerland: German, French, Italian and Romansh. In principle, all four languages have equal rights. In practice, however, things sometimes are different since the smaller groups, although geographically fairly homogeneous, more often than not have to assert their political and economic influence.

Care to rephrase :-)
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
so there is no such thing as a Swiss language? well I never knew.:o
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
;)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator