Status series 2 (mid 90's) Through Neck Headless - FOR SALE - (help needed)

Last updated on 9 years ago
H
hpsauce37
Posted 9 years ago
Hello everyone

This is my first post here so please forgive an errors made....

I will start by saying that i am not a 'Musical' person myself and have little knowledege in this area at all however i cant think of a better place than here to gain the advice i need.

My father recently passed away.

He was a Bass player for quite a well know 60's band. Among other guitars and amps we were left with his guitar which he was using right up to his passing.

Not knowing a great deal about them i contacted Status who have advised me that it is a 'Series 2' probably from the mid 90's.

As lovely as the guitar is we have no other 'Musicians' in the family and are looking to sell it. The guitar looks to be in very good condition and fully working.

I would appreciate your help with regards to setting a resale price for it. I have a figure in mind that i think as a family we would be happy to take however do not want to be unrealistic in this as clearly i do not know the market and have come to this price based upon what i have read on here and the 'new' price list.

I can provide further pictures as requested if required. It comes with a 'soft' case and extra strings.

I am based in Wiltshire and would prefer local collection but will consider all options

Thanks for you time
Edited by hpsauce37 on 26-02-2015 01:08, 9 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
H
hpsauce37
Posted 9 years ago
another picture
You do not have access to view attachments
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Sorry to hear about your dad, the bass looks to be in great condition so a top end price for this model should be acheivable. I'm sure a few lads will pipe up but I'd aim at about £800-950. You will see prices vary, ebay has a few Statii from time to time. At the end of the day it's what someone interested in it is prepared to pay. Good luck with the sale, this is a good place to start.

What was the band?
H
hpsauce37
Posted 9 years ago

Danny wrote:
Sorry to hear about your dad, the bass looks to be in great condition so a top end price for this model should be acheivable. I'm sure a few lads will pipe up but I'd aim at about £800-950. You will see prices vary, ebay has a few Statii from time to time. At the end of the day it's what someone interested in it is prepared to pay. Good luck with the sale, this is a good place to start.

What was the band?

Thanks for the advice Danny. All and any help is really appreciated. My understanding is that 'new' price ranged from around £1800 - £2500 unless of course im looking at the wrong model.

The band was Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
For a nice instrument like that you might even get £1000-1100, but as Danny said it depends on what the right buyer is willing to pay. That model looks like it is one of the late Series 2s shortly before the current model, S2 Classic, was introduced. You could try putting it up on basschat.co.uk as well, that would give it a wider audience.
H
hpsauce37
Posted 9 years ago

Bassbus wrote:
For a nice instrument like that you might even get £1000-1100, but as Danny said it depends on what the right buyer is willing to pay. That model looks like it is one of the late Series 2s shortly before the current model, S2 Classic, was introduced. You could try putting it up on basschat.co.uk as well, that would give it a wider audience.

Thanks for the reply.

I have received an offer on the guitar now for slightly more than the prices given above however it's not quite where I would ideally like to be judging by some similar listings on here. All advice is very welcome though.
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Slightly more of which price above? The £1100? If that's the case I would sell it. More than that it has to be in refurbished shape, which means almost new.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
A
Andynic
Posted 9 years ago
Hi just wondered if the bass is still for sale
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator